0.006 Battle Crash (Realm 4, seems to be same issue from earlier post)

Version : 0.005
Platform : Windows / Steam

My Party:

Ottum
Mutated Vampire Bat
Imp Hexer
Summer Aspect
Unicorn Vivifier
Djinn Illussionist

Enemy Party:

Plague Alchemist
Ancient Grimoire
Ancient Grimoire
Dragon Soldier
Phase Marauder

Crash happened just as my Imp was finishing a cast of ShellBurst. I think the ShellBurst cast was in the process of killing the Ancient Grimoire.

This fight also did include a temporarily Summoned Yeti on the enemy side, but that probably isn’t a factor here. (Since I have seen this particular crash in 0.004 in fights with no temporary summons)

I have been constantly using Imp Hexer. I wish I knew what the random properties were on the Imp Hexer temporary Gem.

My best guess at the moment is that this crash might be linked to a certain property (or set of properties) interacting poorly with fights on Realm Level 4. (Let’s not talk about how many times I have replayed Realm Level 4 trying to avoid this crash … Maybe some day I will reach the second boss)

############################################################################################
FATAL ERROR in
action number 1
of Step Event0
for object obj_battlecontroller:

Variable obj_battlecontroller.slot(100058, -2147483648) not set before reading it.
at gml_Script_crit_intelligence
############################################################################################

stack frame is
gml_Script_crit_intelligence (line -1)
gml_Script_bc_OnDodge
gml_Script_bc_CreatureAttack
gml_Script_bc_ArtificialIntelligence
gml_Script_bc_Turn
gml_Object_obj_battlecontroller_Step_0

Version 0.006

Updated to version 0.006, still can’t complete Realm 4

This time the crash happened immediately after the enemy Inaer Rift Dancer cast Determination.

Enemy Team:
– Inaer Rift Dancer
– Inear Rift Dancer
– Dragon Soldier
– Phase Maraduer
– Phase Maraduer

Seems spell-casting related, but this time it was the enemy casting a spell and not my team.

I have attached a screenshot.

Also, is it helpful to attach a save file (this happens consistently enough that I can’t get past Realm 4)?

Yeah, if you would be kind enough to attach your save file, that’s probably our best chance at fixing this now. I still haven’t managed to find what could be causing this to happen.

The save file will be in c:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Siralim3. Thanks!

Thanks for looking into this. I would really like to progress in the game, and I am not sure why I keep triggering this crash.

lepinski.sav (128 KB)

Just hit the crash again.

This time it was just as my creature was casting a spell. (This is definitely a spell-casting bug)

My Djinn Illusionist had just cast Shellburst (Gem from Imp Hexer) at a mortally wounded enemy. I tried to glance at my spell gem properties before casting them this game.
This Shellburst gem had:
– Class Swap: Life
– X% of spell potency based on ??? (I can’t remember which stat it was)

Found the problem, thanks! It was due to the “Menacing Dragon Fangs” trait.

Bizarre! … Thanks a lot for tracking this down!