[0.12.3] Early False God Realm Quest, causes crash upon using portal

############################################################################################
ERROR in
action number 1
of Draw Event
for object obj_boss:

index out of bounds request 1 maximum size is 1############################################################################################
gml_Object_obj_boss_Draw_0 (line 5)

Additionally, done on realm depth 344, which I believe is too soon for false gods to occur. Including screenshots from before the game crashed.

1 Like

Same crash, different realm, much lower depth (32 i believe).

############################################################################################
ERROR in
action number 1
of Draw Event
for object obj_boss:

index out of bounds request 1 maximum size is 1############################################################################################

More info on this: Went to a lower realm depth than my current highest, still got a false god. I think the event flags got messed up.

I got the same error upon entering the false god portal i guess it was. I was on realm depth 336.

ERROR in
action number 1
of Draw Event
for object obj_boss:

Edit - I can not continue the game. Only quest I get now is to defeat the false god, and it crashes each time I enter the false god portal. I even tried a lower realm and that is the only quest I receive.

Happened to me on 32 as well.

Edit: Same as Disberon, my game is stuck. I tried again, got the false god quest again, and it crashed again. I was going to try a third time, but the game crashed as soon as I tried to leave Siralim.

ERROR in
action number 1
of Create Event
for object obj_Control:

Unable to find any instance for object index ‘1009’ name ‘obj_netherportal’############################################################################################
gml_Script_scr_place_objects (line 361)
gml_Script_scr_RandomWalkGen (line 295)
gml_Object_obj_Control_Create_0 (line 459)
gml_Script_instance_create (line 7)
gml_Room_realm_Create (line 54)

Edit 2: Started a new game and got the false god quest on realm depth 2, including the crash.

same here, my realm depth was also around the 350~'s

ERROR in
action number 1
of Draw Event
for object obj_boss:

Same crash different realm.

Updating the thread with the suggestion that this might not be exclusive to getting the false god realm quest early.

Looking at other threads that have popped up, the problem seems to be that False God events themselves are bugged, both in that they are the only realm quest that will pop up (unless you do some steps outlined here ), and that they don’t seem to have a false god bound to the event, which results in the crash.

Anyone without the ability to properly initiate a False God hunt is stuck until this is fixed, and those that would normally be able to do false gods get a similar (if not the same) crash when the task culminates in the false god realm quest coming up naturally.