0.4.5 Chests dropped after defeating an enemy pack can be mimics

This has been around a while. Not sure if this is intentional but this doesn’t make much sense if the chests are supposed to represent a haul that the pack had on them.

Please don’t change this Zack! I like finding mimics after killing a pack of creatures!

I am not against mobs dropping mimics, but Autumn does bring up a good point that it seems a little odd. Is it possible for a defeated mimic to drop another mimic?

Maybe this should be ‘fixed’, but it is a video game, so the believability issue is not that much of an issue.

" Please don’t change this Zack! I like finding mimics after killing a pack of creatures!"

I do too. but it feels like the chest drop is a reward for winning the fight. Imagine the frustration if you then lose to the mimic afterwards.

With a bit of imagination it could work.

Maybe the one of the creatures you defeated was carrying the chest, and that it had stuff inside, and the chest itself is so cursed so that it bites back when someone other than its master tries to open it (but doesn’t when its master opens it)?

The Mimic is a monster so goes with any monster pack. The only question I have is why it waited till his friends were dead to attack me.