[0.5.1] Crash from Breeding selection screen

1. Is your issue a bug, or is it a crash?

crash

1. If it’s a crash, please copy and paste the full error message below, or post a screenshot of it. Otherwise, leave this field blank.

############################################################################################
FATAL ERROR in
action number 1
of Key Press Event for E-key Key
for object obj_breeding_menu:

Variable obj_breeding_menu.points1(100430, -2147483648) not set before reading it.
at gml_Script_scr_Breed
############################################################################################

stack frame is
gml_Script_scr_Breed (line 0)
gml_Object_obj_breeding_menu_KeyPress_69

1. Please describe in as much detail as possible how to reproduce the bug or crash.

I was looking at breeding opportunities and was scrolling through different possibilities. I’m not 100% certain, but I believe the crash came once I chose to select a certain combination.

Additional info:
Due to the layout of my laptop-keyboard I chose unusual custom keys (they surround the arrow-keys)
Right Shift acts as “accept” (normally: E) and Numkey 1 acts as “escape” (normally: Q)

This might have caused side-effects, honestly I’m amazed that I haven’t seen any other issues due to that setting.

1. What operating system are you playing the game on? Windows, Mac OS, Android, iOS, or Playstation? If it’s Playstation, please also state your region (NA or EU).

Windows 7

1. What game version are you playing? You can find the version number on the title screen in the lower left corner.

1. Any other details to help us solve the problem, such as what you were doing when the bug/crash occurred, or any hints on how we can reproduce it.

mentioned additonal thoughts in 3.

That crash looks like it’s from 0.5.0, but not 0.5.1. Could you please try restarting Steam to make sure you have the latest update?

I had an update earlier today (ca. 4h ago?) when I started playing, and before the crash happened.

To confirm the version for the bug-report, I indeed had to restart the game. Since it loaded immediatly without any noticeable download, I am as certain as I can be that it happened in 0.5.1. I couldn’t reproduce the problem in this environment, so it might have been an unlucky fluke.

I just restarted Steam and received the new version (0.5.2). Again, so far I couldn’t make it crash again, but will keep trying =P