[0.8.10] Whitestar Gemling spell gem sharing charge bug

Reposted due to the fact I put it in the wrong place, sorry!

A bit more broad than just Whitestar Gemling, but here’s my example for this big.

Usually, a spell gem shared by Whitestar Gemling has its charges and enchants intact, as I’ve tested with my carbuncle build that’s currently pending a different bugfix. Here’s the problem, though.

In an attempt to get Aurum’s gem bomb to be worth using I set up a 78-charge magic missile to be shared. 5 times, in fact, just to make extra sure and because it was funny to me. Now, you would expect, knowing what you now know about whitefire gemling, one of three things.

1: It would remain consistent, sharing the charges properly, at 78
2: It would ignore the charge modifier caused by Stillfire, which effectively doubled the chargecount, and then only give the extra charge modified amount, which is still significant
3: It would follow “normal” ethereal gem rules under the Generous enchant and give a single charge

Nah mate we’re just going to give aurum 11 charges for each instance

There are no modifiers in my list that should add up to an 11 charge ethereal magic missiles. Apparently there’s similar bugs involving a dikya creating 0-charge ethereal spellgems, but I don’t know enough about that.

I believe the way it works from my testing is that temporary spell gems not made by Generous have 10% of the charges then it normally would. I just tested it out and combining Whitestar Gemling with Obelisk trait will give you the full charges you are looking for.

I am pretty sure this will be fixed as a side-effect of the other bug you mentioned - it caused a bunch of other bugs as well and this appears to be related to it. Thanks for the info and report!

@Haole - 10% of 78 is 7.8. Double that, assuming the stillfire trait applies a second time, rounds to either 14, 15 or 16 depending on which way rounding works in this situation. None of these numbers equal 11.

Assuming that stillfire is not working here, and assuming that the increased charges modifier works a second time on this fully shared ethereal version of the gem (I’m seriously trying to stretch this to give your answer any chance of being correct), we’ll try this. 24% of 7.8 is 1, or 2, depending on how rounding works. Adding this to either 7 or 8 gives us answers varying from 8 to 10. Not 11. I might be missing something here re: rounding possibilities but I honestly can’t imagine we reach 11 here.

It’s a good guess but I don’t think you’re right here. Your answer also discounts things I’ve seen to do with the other applications of whitefire gemling’s trait.

Also @Zack, cheers. Kinda frustrating that two of my builds are being blocked by a single bug but I’ll manage :wink:

Fair enough. I realized after I wrote the comment that what I’m doing while related is much removed from your team.

Hopefully you can get a tertiary team going while Zack smooths out them bugs.