0.8.10 - Win 10 - Spell gems losing properties

Issue
When looking at the equipped spell gems my creatures have, some have lost their spell gems (wrong class) while the others have their properties removed.

I had the following team class composition, playing as a Pyromancer with every perks unlocked:
(1) Life
(2) Chaos
(3) Life
(4) Life
(5) Nature
(6) Chaos

Each one of them have one spell gem (Blastwave, Chaos), with a Class Swap property for (1), (3), (4) and (5).

Steps to reproduce
I am not absolutely sure if this is what actually triggered the bug, but these were the actions i’ve done before encountering it.

1. Go to the blacksmith
  2. Socket the Capitalize trait on (5)'s artifact

Expected behavior
My creatures still have their spell gems equipped with their properties.

Actual behavior
I noticed these behaviors after entering a random Realm:

1. My Life creatures (1), (3), (4) lost their gems
  2. My Chaos creatures (2), (6) lost their gem properties
  3. My Nature creature (5), on which i had socketed the trait, is okay. Its gem is still functional.
  4. The UI shows that my bugged gems still have their properties, yet I cannot enchant or disenchant them.

My other unused gems are still okay, so it seems to only affect those that equipped by my active team.

Screenshots

1. One of my creature with a gem which lost its properties

2. When looking at it at the Enchanter’s, it seems to keep its properties with a 0% damage increased

3. I cannot enchant it furthermore

4. I also cannot disenchant it. Do notice that it has a “Class Swap” property and is still a Chaos gem.

I’m thinking it’s probably a trait that is causing this to happen. Could you please list all the traits your creatures are using?

Sure, here’s my team:

1. Regalis
  • Brothel
  • Recombulation
  • Bloodline
  1. Angelic Voidlord
  • Shadow Bulwark
  • Hotspur
  • Emerald Attunement
  1. Dancing Wisp
  • Overpowered
  • Vigilance
  • Stand Alone Complex
  1. Laughing Wisp
  • Ethereal
  • Eve
  • Supersonic
  1. Malignant Storm
  • Wasted Age
  • Nature Transformation
  • Capitalize
  1. Castitas Sanctus
  • Castity
  • Sap

Here’s the full details if needed (I only replaced my first creature’s spell gem for now):

Team

========== CHARACTER ==========
Lumi the Pyromancer
Achievement Points: 1113 / 4079 (27%)
Time Played: 74:51:42
Game Version: 0.8.10

Total Perk Points: 1550

========== CREATURES ==========
Level 3404 Regalis
Fused with Sphinx Justicar

Health: 37811
Attack: 20438
Intelligence (15): 47677
Defense: 16351
Speed: 13632

Innate Trait: Brothel
At the start of battle, your creatures that belong to this creature’s class share their innate traits with each other. This trait does not stack.
Fused Trait: Recombobulation
At the start of battle, your creatures are set to the same class, chosen randomly. Your creatures no longer have a class weakness.

Artifact: Staff
59% Intelligence
59% Intelligence
59% Intelligence
59% Intelligence
84% Spell Potency
3 Spell Gem Slots
Bloodline
(Empty Spell Slot)
(Empty Nether Slot)

Trait Slot: Bloodline: Your creatures always deal damage as if they are strong against their enemy’s class. This trait does not stack.

Spell Gems:
Blastwave

Relic: Blazefury, Flaming Soul of Vulcanar (Rank 30)

Level 3404 Angelic Voidlord
Fused with Chaos Salamander
Voidlord / Chaos

Health: 30657
Attack: 16351
Intelligence: 24520
Defense: 20438
Speed: 13632

Innate Trait: Shadow Bulwark
This creature always has Repelling, and ignores damage that isn’t dealt by attacks or spells.
Fused Trait: Hotspur
At the start of battle, your creatures each have a 35% chance to Cast one of their spells at random. This trait does not stack.

59% Intelligence
59% Intelligence
59% Intelligence
59% Intelligence
84% Spell Potency
3 Spell Gem Slots
Emerald Attunement
(Empty Spell Slot)
(Empty Nether Slot)

Trait Slot: Emerald Attunement: All creatures deal 50% more damage. This trait does not stack.

Spell Gems:
Blastwave

Level 3404 Dancing Wisp
Fused with Apis Defender
Wisp / Life

Health: 32701
Attack: 17373
Intelligence (15): 39504
Defense: 22482
Speed: 16359

Innate Trait: Overpowered
This creature deals 100% more damage. After this creature takes damage, it is sent to the bottom of the Timeline.
Fused Trait: Vigilance
This creature intercepts enemies’ attacks on its allies.

59% Intelligence
59% Intelligence
59% Intelligence
59% Intelligence
84% Spell Potency
3 Spell Gem Slots
Stand Alone Complex
(Empty Spell Slot)
(Empty Nether Slot)

Trait Slot: Stand Alone Complex: This creature always dodges attacks. At the start of this creature’s turn, it Provokes and then its turn ends.

Spell Gems:

Level 3404 Laughing Wisp
Fused with Dikya
Wisp / Life

Health: 35767
Attack: 18395
Intelligence: 23158
Defense: 12951
Speed: 22482

Innate Trait: Ethereal
This creature is immune to debuffs and takes 50% less damage. After this creature takes damage, it is sent to the bottom of the Timeline.
Fused Trait: Eve
Your creatures’ spells are 100% more potent, but only have 1 Charge. This trait does not stack.

59% Intelligence
59% Intelligence
59% Intelligence
59% Intelligence
84% Spell Potency
3 Spell Gem Slots
Supersonic
(Empty Spell Slot)
(Empty Nether Slot)

Trait Slot: Supersonic: At the start of battle, enemies are afflicted with Silenced for 1 turn.

Spell Gems:

Level 3404 Malignant Storm
Fused with Nature Shapeshifter
Storm / Nature

Health: 39855
Attack: 18395
Intelligence: 24520
Defense: 20438
Speed: 12269

Innate Trait: Wasted Age
While this creature is above 90% Health, it is immune to damage from spells.
Fused Trait: Nature Transformation
When your creatures deal damage to each other, they are instead healed for 50% of the amount of damage they would have received. This trait does not stack.

59% Intelligence
59% Intelligence
59% Intelligence
59% Intelligence
84% Spell Potency
3 Spell Gem Slots
Capitalize
(Empty Spell Slot)
(Empty Nether Slot)

Trait Slot: Capitalize: Your creatures deal 75% more damage as a result of their class strength. This trait does not stack.

Spell Gems:
Blastwave

Level 3404 Castitas Sanctus
Fused with Stomping Basilisk
Sanctus / Chaos

Health: 36789
Attack: 19417
Intelligence: 25882
Defense: 21460
Speed: 10906

Innate Trait: Chastity
While this creature has more than 95% Health, it is Invisible.
Fused Trait: Sap
If this creature does not take damage from attacks or spells between each of its turns, this creature Seals all the enemies’ Spell Gems.

59% Intelligence
59% Intelligence
59% Intelligence
59% Intelligence
84% Spell Potency
3 Spell Gem Slots
(Empty Trait Slot)
(Empty Spell Slot)
(Empty Nether Slot)

Spell Gems:
Blastwave

Also I don’t know if this is an actual issue, but with my current team the trait Eve [Your creatures’ spells are 100% more potent, but only have 1 Charge. This trait does not stack.] does not change the charge count of my spells, most of them still are at 8/8. :thinking:

Thanks for all the information!

I think I’ve identified the problem so I’ll work on a fix for it. Just to clarify: you mentioned that some of your creatures “lost” their spell gems - did the game place those in your inventory, or were they destroyed and gone forever?

Edit: I’m 99% sure Eve is causing all these problems, so you might want to unequip that trait for now.

Alright, I did add Eve pretty recently too so this may indeed cause the issue! My gems were placed in my inventory and none of them were destroyed. They just cannot be enchanted/disanchanted anymore.

Perfect, thanks again for the info! If you remove Eve and restart the game I’m pretty sure your gems will all go back to normal.

It worked, thank you!

Don’t know if this is included in the existing Eve fixes planned, but I ran into this one recently: Using Dikya in a realm with the “less charges” property can result in all of your spell gems having 0/0 charges:

in battle, and then
it persists after returning to the castle.

Removing Dikya from the party and putting it back in fixed the problem, my gems are back to normal.