0.9.6 The Lost’s trait does not function as stated

Looks like it’s very similar to a bug that was fixed a month ago according to this thread:

Went ahead and just copy and pasted the title since it seems to be similar to what was going on before. In this case, Using The Lost with Regalis’s changed “share traits with adjacent” does not actually gain any traits from the team if it is not actually adjacent to them in the party. Also doesn’t share its traits with anyone its not adjacent with, but given how that should be simultaneous with getting Regalis’s trait, I believe that portion is working as intended to not give the others its other trait.

EDIT: Actually I’m not so sure about the simultaneous part I guess because now that I look again, when The Lost is separated from all other of the same class (Life) on my team by putting my chaos Tanukrook between it and everything else, it does still receive a trait from the team via Regalis’s trait – It’s own (because it is still physically adjacent to itself, I guess):

Exported team for reference.

========== CHARACTER ==========
Tsuki the Purgatorian
Achievement Points: 1220 / 4279 (29%)
Time Played: 222:57:31
Game Version: 0.9.6

Total Perk Points: 1550

========== CREATURES ==========
Level 3235 The Lost
Fused with Amaranthine
Godspawn / Life

Health: 49195
Attack: 17482
Intelligence: 15540
Defense: 19424
Speed: 10365

Innate Trait: Beyond Oblivion
This creature is considered to be adjacent to all your creatures. This trait does not stack.
Fused Trait: Incandescence
At the start of battle, this creature gains Maximum Health equal to 100% of its Defense.

Artifact: Helmet
59% Health
59% Health
59% Health
59% Health
30% Damage Reduction
(Empty Trick Slot)
Diabolic Fortitude
Requiem
Sparkling Bijou (Rarity: 49)

17% Health / Intelligence
13% Health / Speed

Trait Slot: Diabolic Fortitude: Your Diabolic Horde have 10% more Health for each Diabolic Horde fighting on your side. This trait does not stack.

Spell Gems:
Heaven’s Thunder
Holy Bulwark
Holy Explosion

Level 3235 Tanukrook
Fused with Mimic
Tanukrook / Chaos

Health: 38838
Attack: 19424
Intelligence: 20396
Defense: 20396
Speed: 9070

Innate Trait: Monster Crown
At the start of this creature’s turn, it kills your other creatures and gains 20% of their stats (other than Health).
Fused Trait: Surprise!
This creature always starts battle at the top of the Timeline.

Artifact: Sword
59% Attack
36% Attack / Speed
36% Attack / Speed
36% Attack / Speed
30% Dodge Chance
30% Critical Chance
Myrtle’s Greed
Requiem
Shiny Sphere (Rarity: 43)

11% Critical Chance
12% Health / Defense

Trait Slot: Myrtle’s Greed: After an ally is killed, this creature gains 50% of its stats.

Spell Gems:

Relic: Petra & Aes, War Drums of Meraxis (Rank 36)

Level 3235 Bile Slime
Fused with Eternal Divinity
Slime / Life

Health: 51784
Attack: 19424
Intelligence: 18453
Defense: 15540
Speed: 9070

Innate Trait: Secret Recipe
After this creature is resurrected, your other creatures are resurrected as well.
Fused Trait: Consciousness
At the start of battle, this creature gains Maximum Health equal to 5% of your other creatures’ Maximum Health.

59% Health
59% Health
59% Health
59% Health
30% Damage Reduction
(Empty Trick Slot)
Pandemonium Rebirth
Requiem
(Empty Nether Slot)

Trait Slot: Pandemonium Rebirth: After this creature dies, your other creatures are resurrected with 100% Health. If they’re not dead, they recover 50% Health. This effect does not activate if more than one of your creatures has this trait.

Spell Gems:
Holy Nova
Holy Protection
Kick

Level 3235 Forsaken Swampdweller
Fused with Nadin Rift Dancer
Forsaken / Life

Health: 44017
Attack: 13597
Intelligence: 16511
Defense: 19424
Speed: 14252

Innate Trait: Darkness Surrounding
This creature starts battles with 125% more Health, but takes damage equal to 15% of its Maximum Health at the start of its turn.
Fused Trait: Dark Dance
All effects that activate when a creature dies will activate 1 additional time. This trait does not stack.

59% Health
59% Health
59% Health
59% Health
30% Damage Reduction
(Empty Trick Slot)
Diabolic Revolution
Requiem
(Empty Nether Slot)

Trait Slot: Diabolic Revolution: Your creatures’ Diabolic Horde traits act as if your party contains 3 more Diabolic Horde. This trait does not stack.

Spell Gems:
Ascension
Benediction
Blistering Radiance

Level 3221 Armored Maniac
Fused with Irantha Ophan
Maniac / Life

Health: 36092
Attack: 11605
Intelligence: 14191
Defense: 15472
Speed: 25142

Innate Trait: Meat Bomb
After this creature is killed, it deals damage to all enemies equal to 100% of its missing Health.
Fused Trait: Solace
At the start of battle, your creatures gain 10% Health for each non-Ethereal Life Spell Gem each of your creatures have equipped. Maximum of 3 Spell Gems per creature. This trait does not stack.

59% Health
59% Health
59% Health
59% Health
30% Damage Reduction
(Empty Trick Slot)
Diabolic Link
Requiem
(Empty Nether Slot)

Trait Slot: Diabolic Link: At the start of battle, your Diabolic Horde share their Maximum Health with each other. Then, their Maximum Health is decreased by 75%.

Spell Gems:
Ascension
Chain Lightning
Chaos Inoculation

Level 2972 Regalis
Fused with Emerald Paragon

Health (3): 63039
Attack: 10708
Intelligence: 10119
Defense: 17846
Speed: 21416

Innate Trait: Brothel
At the start of battle, your other creatures with the same class as this creature share their innate trait with the creatures adjacent to them. This trait does not stack.
Fused Trait: Emerald Attunement
All creatures deal 50% more damage. This trait does not stack.

59% Health
59% Health
59% Health
59% Health
30% Damage Reduction
(Empty Trick Slot)
Master of Diabolic Horde
Requiem
Sparkling Ornament (Rarity: 116)

6% Scorned On Damage
20% Health
Scourge Sorcery On Provoke

Trait Slot: Master of Diabolic Horde: At the start of battle, your creatures’ races are changed to Diabolic Horde.

Spell Gems:
Charm of Life
Fist of Heavens
Glory

I have recently started playing around with The Lost trait: Beyond Oblivion- This creature is considered to be adjacent to all your creatures. It does not seem to be working right or is not explained properly.

I fused all my monsters so they are Life so no issues with that. Using Regalis with The Lost this monster is getting everyone else trait as expected.

Fused The Lost with Valkyrie Queen trait: Sentinel- This creature and the creatures adjacent to this creature always have Taunting and Defensive.

Expected result give everyone Taunting and Defensive sense this monster is adjacent to all creatures. It literally only gives it to those to its left and right. Not expected.

The monsters to The Lost’s left and right get his trait but it does nothing. They do not receive all the other monster traits like The Lost did.

Is The Lost trait working properly or am I reading to much into it?

It does works like that, the lost gains all your other creature trait (because it is considered to be adjacent to everyone), but it does mean all your other creatures are also adjacent to everyone

No but two are adjacent which means they would get everyone else trait and if it is adjacent to everyone then why didn’t the rest of the team get Taunting and Defensive?

1 Like

The trait doesn’t stack, so it will only work for the first creature in your party that has the trait.

I fused The Lost with Pit Guard, expecting all my creatures to get the bonus to health\defense\speed, but only the ones to the left and right get it. Is this expected?

It would seem The Lost Trait allows him to receive all benefits from being adjacent but not give the benefits out. That is the same issue I had with the Valkyrie Queen Trait.

This is just how the trait works. It could be worded a bit better perhaps, but the functionality is that The Lost is considered ‘adjacent to all your creatures’ specifically for other creatures’ effects that say ‘creatures adjacent to this one.’ That is, it is considered adjacent for INCOMING benefits, but not OUTGOING benefits. I’m pretty sure this is intended, but the wording is admittedly not super clear about that. So, for example, if you have Regalis on your team, The Lost will receive all traits from creatures sharing them, but will NOT share its trait with all creatures (which would be redundant for regalis anyway, since it doesnt apply the sharing twice)

I assumed outgoing were also intended given Zack’s reply in the linked thread.

ah, i’d missed that, I wonder if the functionality or the wording was wrong? seems that whatever fix Zack made didn’t solve it in any case

1 Like

Haven’t tested with the newest patch but this thread was about The Lost not receiving any traits through Regalis’s if not physically adjacent to begin with (so incoming wasn’t working). In the screenshot The Lost was only getting a temp trait from itself and no one else when separated. I’ll have to check on newest version.