0.9.8 Game not responding on cast

After the Giran’s Unity fix my Wyven trying to cast anything while it has an Animated Gem makes the game stop responding. It hasn’t crashed on me yet, its the same kind of lag as casting too many spells in 1 turn, just alot worse. I think it has to do with Animated Gem casting Abundance and having to recalculate Giran’s Unity.
Platform is Windows 10
Party Data in details.

Summary

========== CHARACTER ==========
DS the Necromancer
Achievement Points: 1381 / 4279 (32%)
Time Played: 228:15:12
Game Version: 0.9.8

Total Perk Points: 1550

========== CREATURES ==========
Level 4662 Necro Grimoire
Fused with Stonehorn Gargoyle
Grimoire / Chaos

Health: 55962
Attack: 8250
Intelligence: 33584
Defense: 29386
Speed: 27986

Innate Trait: Book of the Dead
At the start of battle, this creature Casts its first 2 non-Ethereal Spell Gems that summon minions.
Fused Trait: Reign of Chaos
Your creatures’ Chaos spells Cast 2 additional times. This trait does not stack.

Artifact: Mercurial
59% Speed
59% Speed
59% Speed
59% Speed
30% Damage Reduction
3 Spell Gem Slots
Diffusion
(Empty Spell Slot)

Trait Slot: Diffusion: After this creature gains a minion, your other creatures that don’t have this trait gain that minion as well.

Spell Gems:
Summon Animated Weapon
Summon Doppelganger
Dark Transformation
Mass Dispel
Requiem
Crush Punch

Level 4662 Death Crafter
Fused with Watchful Inquisitor
Smith / Nature

Health: 65289
Attack: 12058
Intelligence: 25188
Defense: 30785
Speed: 22389

Innate Trait: Honed Blades
Your creatures share 15% of their Artifacts’ bonuses from Attack, Intelligence, Defense, and Speed with each other. This trait does not stack.
Fused Trait: The Walking Dead
Your creatures’ Zombies minions now deal damage based on their master’s highest stat. In addition, your creatures start battles with 1 Zombies. This trait does not stack.

Artifact: Zarox Shield
59% Defense
36% Health / Defense
36% Health / Defense
36% Health / Defense
30% Damage Reduction
3 Spell Gem Slots
Mungus Harbinger
(Empty Spell Slot)

Trait Slot: Mungus Harbinger: Your creatures take 10% less damage for each turn they’ve taken in the current battle. Maximum of 90% damage reduction. This trait does not stack.

Spell Gems:
Dispel
Mass Dispel
Requiem
Wormhole
Breath of Life
Crush Punch

Relic: Materium, Shifting Gem of Aurum (Rank 60)

Level 4662 Hidden Grimoire
Fused with Mimic
Grimoire / Chaos

Health: 39181
Attack: 18080
Intelligence: 23330
Defense: 29386
Speed: 27981

Innate Trait: Lost Knowledge
Your Grimoire s Cast spells 1 additional time. This trait does not stack.
Fused Trait: Surprise!
This creature always starts battle at the top of the Timeline.

Artifact: Swiftcasters
59% Speed
59% Speed
59% Speed
59% Speed
84% Spell Potency
30% Damage Reduction
Swiftcasting
(Empty Spell Slot)

Trait Slot: Swiftcasting: When your creatures Cast a spell, 35% of their Speed is added to their Intelligence to determine the potency of the spell. This trait does not stack.

Spell Gems:
Timewalk
Ethereal Knives

Relic: Triumvir, Arcane Sceptre of Zonte (Rank 40)

Level 4662 Forsaken Spinewhipper
Fused with Pit Guard
Forsaken / Chaos

Health: 37328
Attack: 14274
Intelligence: 23789
Defense: 33584
Speed (3): 35443

Innate Trait: Contradiction
This creature starts battles with 200% more Speed, but also starts battles at the bottom of the Timeline.
Fused Trait: Rampart
At the start of battle, your creatures adjacent to this creature gain 65% of its Defense, Health, and Speed.

Artifact: Book Wyrm
59% Speed
59% Speed
59% Speed
59% Speed
30% Damage Reduction
30% Dodge Chance
Master of Grimoires
(Empty Spell Slot)

Trait Slot: Master of Grimoires: Your Grimoire s are immune to Silenced. In addition, their Spell Gems do not consume Charges.

Spell Gems:
Dispel
Dark Transformation
Timewalk

Relic: Ferro, Great Axe of Gonfurian (Rank 40)

Level 4662 Wyvern Airslayer
Fused with Aaxer Apocalypse
Wyvern / Chaos

Health: 50375
Attack: 15225
Intelligence: 25188
Defense: 17731
Speed (6): 48501

Innate Trait: Wings of Despair
When an enemy would gain a buff, this creature has a 50% chance to gain it instead.
Fused Trait: Urh Harbinger
Your creatures have 15% more Attack, Intelligence, Defense, and Speed for each turn they’ve taken in the current battle. This trait does not stack.

Artifact: Unity
59% Speed
59% Speed
59% Speed
59% Speed
84% Spell Potency
20% Bomb On Damage
Giran’s Unity
Summon Animated Gem

Trait Slot: Giran’s Unity: This creature has additional stats equal to 10% of your other creatures’ stats.

Spell Gems:
Ethereal Knives
Homing Arrow
Abundance

Relic: Petra & Aes, War Drums of Meraxis (Rank 70)

Level 4662 Valkyrie Queen
Fused with Frenzy Ghoul
Valkyrie / Death

Health: 39181
Attack: 17134
Intelligence: 11195
Defense: 37308
Speed: 33584

Innate Trait: Sentinel
This creature and the creatures adjacent to this creature always have Taunting and Defensive.
Fused Trait: Horde
Your creatures share 5% of their Speed with each other. This effect is not applied to creatures that have this trait. This trait does not stack.

Artifact: Phaser
59% Defense
59% Defense
59% Defense
59% Defense
30% Damage Reduction
84% Spell Potency
Endurance Aura
Living Heavy Shield
Gleaming Jewel (Rarity: 20)

19% Defense

Trait Slot: Endurance Aura: Your creatures take 80% less damage from all sources other than attacks and spells. This trait does not stack.

Spell Gems:
Decay
Dispel
Wormhole

Could you please attach or PM me your save file?

save.zip (119.1 KB)
Here it is

This is something I will address when I optimize the game a bit more in the future - there’s just so much going on with your party that it takes the game a few extra seconds to calculate it all. Giran’s Unity is definitely the cause of the slowdown, but it’s not something that can be fixed easily.

Oh yeah this happens to me occasionally with my current pyromancer build, just give it a few seconds and it should resolve. In my case it’s doing the calculations and everything still windows just thinks it’s bugging out because theres so many it takes it a second to catch up.

Just a bump to say im playing an Evoker build with t0 spellcasts (Skyward Vulpes trait sharing via Regalis) and so i cast a ton of spells t0 and get buffs/ debuff enemies and the game stops responding for a sec almost every single battle unfortunately.

Also after ive killed enemies my team keeps casting spells (i have to sit through another 6-10 spellcasts) so the battle also takes longer to finish :confused: