1.0.15 Bugs

Hi,

The 1.0.15 contains a lot of new bugs (Android version) :

• When I hold my device horizontally, the screen flips to portrait mode and the image is deformed, I can flip it back to landscape mode though
  • When I come back from a realm to the castle via a portal, sometimes the game is slowed by a factor of 10 approximately, I have to save and exit the game to make it retrieve its normal speed
  • When I walk inside the castle, my walk speed is not stable, I sometimes go faster or lower, as if the game was slowed by moments. It does the same with or without the new grail of haste. The grail does increase speed correctly though
  • I have a lot of crashes that seem to appear essentially when I change room in the castle or after the app has gone to the background and I play again
  • Don’t know if it is knew to this version but the gunslinger ability does not seem to work. I have encountered a few of them and when the creature attacks one of mine in the front row, the damage is not reported to the one behind it and it is not stunned

That’s all, for now !

When the game crashes, does an error message appear or is it a hard crash where the game simply exits? If there is an error message, could you please post a screenshot?

Unfortunately there is no error message, it’s a hard crash. It has happened a few times just before a fight starts.

I have found a fix for the landscape/portrait issue and will look into the Gunslinger bug. Everything else sounds like the game is taking up way too much memory after the last update. Thanks for all the information!

One last question: what Android device are you running the game on?

I’m on a HTC One M7 with Android 4.4.3.

I seem to be on 1.0.25, but I am also having the hard crash issue. So far it’s been triggered by either fights starting or trying to use a portal/teleporter.

I’m using a Nexus 4 that’s still running 4.2.2.

I have another bug to report. The Cleric Leaf consumable that adds 300% experience gain to creatures at the end of the fight seems to not be working.

Do these crashes occur every single time, or is it at random?

For me it is at random. I’ve just managed to play about 20 minutes with no crash. I have started fights, used portals and changed rooms in the castle.

For me it’s pretty random too. But I’ve yet to be able to play for more than ~5 minutes at a time. So it’s random but pretty consistent. Would a log of the crash happening help you?

If the game displays an error message, that would be very helpful.

It doesn’t display an error message but I could probably capture a log of it happening if that would be helpful at all.

Anything would be greatly appreciated. In the meantime I’ll do more tests on my Android devices and see if I can reproduce the problem - I haven’t had any luck so far.

Of course, now it’s not crashing at all haha. I will keep capturing logs while I play it later tonight and see if I can get it to happen.

I’m moderately sure I know what is causing the problem, so even though I still can’t reproduce the crash I am going to implement the fix and release a new version for Android only tomorrow. It’ll also include some other incredibly small bug fixes; namely those that Bewi mentioned here.

I seem to be having some crashes as well on the pc version. I just had a crash with running into a granite golem in the death realm and another crash in the realm with nomad tents with the lightning skull. Its a hard crash so no error log appeared. I haven’t been able to reproduce them though. Oh, I may have had the 100% more resouces shrine effect for the death realm and might have been activated for the nomad realm as well. Another crash in the sky realm with a frozen angel. Gonna start a new game to see if my save might be bugging out.

I don’t know if that’s a real problem but the Android version is tagged 1.0.25 instead of 1.0.15. I see this version number on my device as well as on Google Play.

I have something to add. It seems that since 1.0.15, the game is not saved between each fight. When the game crashes on a realm, I return to the state I was before entering the realm.

That’s just Google forcing a random version number, nothing to worry about :slight_smile:

The game was never intended to save between fights.

I think I’ve figured out most of the issues so I am going to do some final testing today then release it on Android. If people report that the crash is fixed, I’ll release it on the other platforms as well.

I managed to reproduce the crash once, and now that I’ve changed some code it doesn’t seem to happen anymore. Of course, I could just be lucky. Regardless, I’ve uploaded a new version to the Google Play store so please let me know if you guys run into the crash after you updated to version 1.0.16 (which is called 1.0.26 according to Google).

Here are the additional patch notes:

BUG FIXES

• Fixed a bug on Android devices that caused the screen to switch from Landscape to Portrait mode when the device was tilted.
  • The mouse cursor is no longer visible on the Windows version, as originally intended.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the “Cleric Leaf” item to not provide bonus experience points.
  • Fixed a bug with the “Parade of Ashes” and “Piercing Shot” abilities that caused them to not work when used against the player.