1.05: "Your display does not support a resolution this large."

I was able to run 1368 x 768 in 1.04 without any issues, but 1.05 won’t let me run in that. I’m actually running my system at that resolution outside the game, though I could take it up to 1600 x 900. I’m running a GeForce GTX 650 card; 8 GB RAM, Win7.

The game also takes about three times as long to load at game start.

Windows likes to auto-resize windows if they’re too large to fit the screen, which in turn causes some graphical issues (though you might not have noticed them, depending on where you were looking in-game). Therefore, the game accounts for the menu at the top of the game window and won’t let you resize it larger than the actual work area on your monitor to prevent the window from being auto-resized. If it allowed you to run at that resolution before, that was probably a bug.

The good news is that my next goal is to revamp the resolution options entirely since they’re admittedly pretty annoying right now. I’m sorry about that.

When does the game take “three times as long to load”? Is it immediately after you double click Siralim.exe to start the game, or when it’s actually loading the save file after you hit “Continue” after the game has already started?

Yet my native screen resolution is 1600 x 900, and I’ve been running it at 1368 x 768 for about 6 months–so I’m not sure why the game would tell me my display doesn’t support a resolution of 1368 x 768. (And I noticed nothing odd or partially off-screen while playing.) Or are you referring to the actual monitor’s screen size? Because the viewing area is about 18 x 10.5.

The good news is that my next goal is to revamp the resolution options entirely since they're admittedly pretty annoying right now. I'm sorry about that.

Glad to hear it. The only way I can get close to 1368 x 768 now in Siralem is by switching my screen resolution to 1600 x 900, and play. Then I have to switch it back again when I leave the game.

When does the game take "three times as long to load"? Is it immediately after you double click Siralim.exe to start the game, or when it's actually loading the save file after you hit "Continue" after the game has already started?

User error. :frowning: Norton was popping up in the background, to indicate it didn’t know this program, and whether I wanted to run it–then defaulting to run it after a minute. Only it was behind Firefox, so I didn’t see this until I glanced down at my taskbar.

I was referring to your display size; that is, your desktop resolution. Think of it this way: your desktop resolution is at 1368x768, and the game window is 1368x768 as well. But don’t forget about the menu bar at the top of the window: that bar’s size is in addition to the 1368x768 game window, so the total window size is probably closer to 1368x800 or so, which exceeds your desktop resolution of 1368x768. Hopefully that makes sense.

It does, thanks. But if that’s the case,–and I hope you dno’t mind me asking–when I’m running in 1600 x 900, why is the nearest resolution I can get to that, 1280 x 720? Shouldn’t I at least have 1368 x 768 available? Or something still higher?

The reason that it changes the resolution options is because when you jump from 1368x768 to 1600x900, that’s also changing your desktop’s aspect ratio (which is calculated by the resolution’s width divided by its height). Your aspect ratio is what allows games to scale without looking stretched or have some kind of weird display.

But yes, there should be an option beyond 1280x720 if you are running on a 1600x900 resolution, which is what I intend to solve with the resolution revamp.

Thanks. I look forward to it.

In the meantime, can you put the bug back in? :wink: (Just kidding.)