A few questions

1. Would I be right in assuming that any creatures you leave in the stables affects the quantity and/or quality of your opponents in battle?

2. I found a sandstone jewel, and received a cryptic explanation about Imling partners. As there’s no discussion of Imling partners, what’s this about? Two creatures wielding an artifact with a sandstone jewel?

3. Is some power used up by the mage whenever a spell is cast, barring a statue who declares otherwise?

4. Does a statue’s pronouncement of a blessing hold true if you use the transport to move down a level?

5. How do I get the enchanter to use a rare or legendary material? I see no mechanism to do so. They always seem to default to common ones, without any option otherwise.

6. I’ve noticed an odd disparity between the power of my attackers against identical foes–sometimes doing 50+ damage, sometimes 200. All other conditions being equal, does the realm itself factor influence this? And if not, what could account for it?

Finally, just passing along my wife’s observations. She’s much more detail oriented and logical than I am, and she suggests that the material you read in the library should also be made available in printed form. To me, keeping it in the library adds an RPG flavor to the thing, but each to tits own. :smiley:

In advance, thanks. :slight_smile:

1. Would I be right in assuming that any creatures you leave in the stables affects the quantity and/or quality of your opponents in battle?

no

1. I found a sandstone jewel, and received a cryptic explanation about Imling partners. As there’s no discussion of Imling partners, what’s this about? Two creatures wielding an artifact with a sandstone jewel?

imlings and imlers give each other a bonus if there is only one of each.

1. Is some power used up by the mage whenever a spell is cast, barring a statue who declares otherwise?

if the spell has a power requirement yes

1. Does a statue’s pronouncement of a blessing hold true if you use the transport to move down a level?

no, it’s only that level and i believe it’s clear on that.

1. How do I get the enchanter to use a rare or legendary material? I see no mechanism to do so. They always seem to default to common ones, without any option otherwise.

i don’t remember that problem.

1. I’ve noticed an odd disparity between the power of my attackers against identical foes–sometimes doing 50+ damage, sometimes 200. All other conditions being equal, does the realm itself factor influence this? And if not, what could account for it?

level and artifacts

Finally, just passing along my wife’s observations. She’s much more detail oriented and logical than I am, and she suggests that the material you read in the library should also be made available in printed form. To me, keeping it in the library adds an RPG flavor to the thing, but each to tits own. :smiley:

In advance, thanks. :slight_smile:

may have made mistakes understanding your questions so hopefully the answers are mostly accurate

Bazoril pretty much nailed it, but just for clarification, spells can sometimes cost power BALANCE, but never any power.

Thanks for all the responses. :slight_smile: