Along with an almost complete revamp of all the spells and abilities in the game, patch 1.0.12 also features an overhaul of many of the game’s battle conditions. Many conditions such as Poison were extremely lackluster, while others were either too situational or even overpowered. Below is a list of conditions that will change with the coming patch:
- Added a new condition: Shock. Creatures affected by Shock take 30% additional damage from incoming attacks.
- Added a new condition: Timebomb. Creatures affected by Timebomb have 50% less defense. If the creature is still affected by Timebomb at the start of its next turn, the condition is removed, it skips its turn, and it kills a random enemy creature.
- Baleful (buffed): Increased the chance to deal double damage from 30% to 35%.
- Burned (buffed): Increased damage range from 2%-8% to 5%-12%. Clarified the description to show the possible range of damage it can deal.
- Contra: Removed from the game.
- Fear (changed): Creatures affected by Fear deal 50% less damage.
- Fervor (buffed): Increased the chance for a creature to take an additional turn from 20% to 30%.
- Harm (nerfed): Decreased the amount of damage added from 50% to 35%.
- Immolate (changed): When creatures affected by Immolate attack, they also deal 20% of the damage dealt to all enemy creatures adjacent to the target. Now displays only one message in battle.
- Molten Armor (buffed): Increased the chance to burn attackers and reflect damage from 30% to 40%.
- Pad (nerfed): Decreased the amount of damage absorbed from 50% to 35%.
- Poison1 (buffed): Increased damage to 5%. Reduced the average duration of this condition when it is applied by abilities and spells.
- Poison2 (buffed): Increased damage to 9%. Reduced the average duration of this condition when it is applied by abilities and spells.
- Poison3 (buffed): Increased damage to 12%. Reduced the average duration of this condition when it is applied by abilities and spells.
- Taunt (changed): When a creature taunts an enemy creature, the damage dealt is now based on the taunting creature’s defense rather than that of the original target.
- Vampiric (buffed): Increased the amount of health recovered from 20% to 25%.
- Wormrot (buffed): Increased the stat reduction from 15% to 20%.
On a completely unrelated note, I’m happy to announce that we now have two new graphics artists. The first new member of our team, Nick, will handle all battle sprites and overworld sprites for creatures/NPCs. The other member, Oleg, will handle all of the game’s tilesets, battle backgrounds, and things like that. The next update features brand new overworld sprites for Golems (and maybe Unicorns, depending on how much we get done before the patch is ready). Most updates from here on out will include updated overworld creature sprites until they all look good. Meanwhile, Oleg is revamping every single tile and battle background in the entire game. These tiles will be released all at once so that the game always looks consistent, so even though they won’t be released any time soon, here’s a quick mockup of the new Winter dungeon:
As you can see, we’re trying to maintain the current spirit of the game but add a little polish on the side. Can you spot any new sprites that might be used for new Duties or events?