Aftermath Spell

Version: 0.1.7
Platform : Windows/Steam

The Aftermath spell gives a Target Vulnerable and attacks three times for 35% damage.

However, the attack damage for the Aftermath attacks seem significantly lower than 35% of regular attack damage. I have tried attacking a creature normally and then the next round using Aftermath on the same creature and I find that I do more damage with the regular attack than I do with all three Aftermath attacks. (Despite the fact that the target is “vulnerable” when receiving the aftermath attacks)

It is possible that this is intended. (Perhaps the 35% is being applied before Defense is considered?) In any case, This dramatically reduces the usefulness of the aftermath spell.

I agree that this should be clarified in the text if it says it does 35% damage 3 times. Doing 35% of normal full damage versus doing an attack with 35% of your attack is very different.

I don’t agree that it’s not useful though, if it counts as an Attack there are tons and tons of traits that would love to proc 3x in a row :3

[quote=“Noetherian, post:1, topic:4251”]Version: 0.1.7
Platform : Windows/Steam

The Aftermath spell gives a Target Vulnerable and attacks three times for 35% damage.

However, the attack damage for the Aftermath attacks seem significantly lower than 35% of regular attack damage. I have tried attacking a creature normally and then the next round using Aftermath on the same creature and I find that I do more damage with the regular attack than I do with all three Aftermath attacks. (Despite the fact that the target is “vulnerable” when receiving the aftermath attacks)

It is possible that this is intended. (Perhaps the 35% is being applied before Defense is considered?) In any case, This dramatically reduces the usefulness of the aftermath spell.[/quote]
Most of the “modify damage” spells and traits are modifying attack rather than damage.

I discovered this in Sirlim 2 and complained about the Carver line and some of the Skeleton line that behave this way in that they deal WAY too much damage on their upper-end. Since Sirilim 3 is (probably) using most of the same code, it’s been carried over from what I suspect.

Aftermath is one of those things. In another thread, Zack said he fixed the Wicked Carver, but I haven’t had one attack me to actually test it yet.

[quote=“Psylisa, post:3, topic:4251”]Most of the “modify damage” spells and traits are modifying attack rather than damage.

I discovered this in Sirlim 2 and complained about the Carver line and some of the Skeleton line that behave this way in that they deal WAY too much damage on their upper-end. Since Sirilim 3 is (probably) using most of the same code, it’s been carried over from what I suspect.

Aftermath is one of those things. In another thread, Zack said he fixed the Wicked Carver, but I haven’t had one attack me to actually test it yet.[/quote]

Yeah, I had noticed the same thing in Siralim 2, and I think it is problematic. It makes Defense feel weak/worthless against traits like Skeleton or Carver because they get a huge multiplier to attack before being compared to Defense.

… On the other hand, it means for something like Aftermath (or similar effects) the spell does no damage unless the enemy has essentially no defense.

On related Side Note: I just had Crucification cast on me by am enemy team with a bunch of Death creatures. (Crucification has a damage multiplier based on the number of death creatures).

The damage is crazy even against relatively high defense creatures.