Another Combat Crash! Yup!

Goofing off with my hound crowd and game crashed at roughly 80% artifact for task of course (PLEASE REMOVE THIS TASK FROM ELIZE’S TASKS - TOTAL WASTE OF TIME :’()

Since it’s a hound squad, there are a metric ton of spells involved with many cast on start (where the crash happened)

Might be similar to the other crash report but might as well get new attention on it.

version 2.2.1

Win 7

############################################################################################
FATAL ERROR in
action number 1
of Step Event0
for object obj_battlecontroller:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Index [0,6] out of range [1,2] - -7.targets(100002,6)
at gml_Script_bc_CreatureCast
############################################################################################

stack frame is
gml_Script_bc_CreatureCast (line 0)
gml_Script_bc_CreatureCastSpellGem
gml_Script_bc_SpellsOnHit
gml_Script_bc_StartupEffects
gml_Object_obj_battlecontroller_Step_0

Could you please tell me what spells you have that might have been cast? Trying to cross-check with other people with similar crash reports to determine if it’s a spell causing this to happen, or an enemy trait, or just something random altogether.

Would it be easier to upload the save so you can try? the crash was very rare (one time in about 5 hours) unlike before.

Ok let’s see… only 3 gems that cast at start:

Guardian Force
Defy Light
Horrify

Oh right, guardian force would invoke

Star pact
Flame Enchantment
Frost armor
Nourish
Molten armor
Chaos Orbs
Chastise
Major Healing
Black Ice
Damnation
Dark Enchantment
Decay
Bone Armor
Wormrot
Vampirism
Rain of Blood
Night Swords
Blood Shield (yup, self cast -> self heal ez)

So all I know is the fight was crashing fast on fast forward, not enough time to really get going strong on the casting spam.

I do notice that the common theme in all my spell gem errors is that it notes 7 targets: The 6 hounds from Blood to Terror AND the resulting Thylacine. This might be something only for the forming of the uber puppy or maybe I am barking up the wrong tree. ^^

It turned out to be a problem with Black Hole - thanks for the info! Been trying to find this one for awhile now.