Attention: If you live in the US and pre-ordered Siralim 3 on Switch, read this

Note: ONLY pre-orders are affected by this issue. If you didn’t pre-order, all will work as expected.

Due to a technical issue, the release date for Siralim 3 on Nintendo Switch in the United States was set to July 15, which is 10 days past the correct release date. Apparently, I didn’t have the release date for the transition from pre-order to full release set correctly.

Thanks to the timely support we received, the issue has been resolved and the game is now available for purchase in the United States (as well as all parts of North America and Europe). Unfortunately, this good news comes with a caveat.

Those of you who pre-purchased Siralim 3 on Nintendo Switch are still set for the game to unlock at the incorrect date (July 15), meaning you are unable to play the game until then. Words cannot describe how sorry I am to those of you who pre-ordered Siralim 3. You trusted me enough to pay for the game ahead of time, and I failed you. Although nothing can truly make up for this mess, I would like to offer all US players who pre-ordered the game on Switch their choice of a Steam, iOS, or Android key to play the game immediately. You can transfer your save file to the Switch version (using our cross-platform cloud storage service) when it unlocks on July 15 and continue your progress from there. While this is not an ideal solution, I hope that you will still be able to enjoy the game in the meantime and pick up right where you left off again in 10 days.

In order to receive your game key, please e-mail zack@thylacinestudios.com and let me know if you’d like a Steam, iOS, or Android key. I will respond to you as fast as I can so you can get started with the game.

Again, I am so sorry for this failure. I promise to make it up to you all in the future. Thank you for your support - I hope you get a chance to enjoy Siralim 3 one way or another!

2 Likes

I pre-purchase the siralim 3 game for nintendo switch yesterday will I still be able to get the game for Nintendo switch without buying the game again

Yes David, but since it was a pre-order it won’t unlock until July 15. Please feel free to take advantage of the free Steam/mobile key offer so you can play now!

I already have the siralim 3 game for both ios and steam and I do not have a android device is there any thing you can do for me to compensate

Shoot me an e-mail at zack@thylacinestudios.com and I’ll see what I can do!

and I also have the siralim 3 game for playstation 4

I already sent you a email

This stuff happens :slight_smile: Do you think you can extend the summer event for switch preorders? I have it on the ios and I still want to wait for the Switch to start it up again.

That’s a great point. Yes, I will absolutely extend this event until the end of the month so that everyone has a chance to enjoy it.

Is it an option to cancel the pre-order and re-order? What about just deleting the software and redownloading? Is Nintendo offering any support if we call their help line? It seems wrong that I have an email receipt from them with the details of my pre-order noting the release date of July 5th yet there’s nothing that can be done on their end to correct this for those of us that pre-ordered.

That won’t work, unfortunately. I’ve tried everything I can to avoid this, but nothing managed to work out in the end.

Reinstalling hasn’t worked for anyone, and refunding isn’t advised since apparently it takes 5 days to process a refund and then you can never refund a game ever again. That’s all handled on Nintendo’s end, of course - those aren’t my rules, and I strongly dislike them! :slight_smile:

I was going to say, he’d be screwing himself to go that route. I’m debating how I wanna go about it. I have it on Android and PC, but I did recently replace the phone with a XS.

It’s unfortunate, but it’s alright. A lil wait won’t hurt. Good to see that there is a response. Guess I’ll start on my phone and continue on my Switch later on. :blush:

1 Like

Bummer, but it happens! I already have it on android and don’t use my computer much since I am always on my switch. I will just play on my phone until it is unlocked. Thank you for the update! I can’t wait until July 15th :grin:

1 Like

Thank you. I sent you an email. Two actually, because I forgot to add the version I wanted (Steam).

I ended up calling Nintendo support and spoke to someone today. Their solution was to offer a refund and then repurchase the game once the refund was processed. I expressed concerns that this meant I would lose my one free refund but she assured me I wouldn’t.

I won’t know if what she told me was true until I try to refund a game which I don’t know if I’ll ever do unless there are severe technical issues / bugs. I ended up taking the refund and she said it should be processed by end of the day on Monday at which point I would be able to repurchase. I said thank you and that at least July 8th was better than July 15th. Just wanted to get this out there if this is an approach that anyone else wants to take.

I don’t want to take away from anything Zack has done as he has essentially bent over backwards to facilitate a solution on his end and he has been nothing but helpful and responsive. Siralim 3 is a great game and I’m beyond excited to play it on the switch!