Back from the Dead - Help!

I’m stuck at the lvl-18 boss, Back from the Dead. Infinite respawns, and as far as I can tell, no indication of why. Nothing in the history, nothing in the inspections. I clearly must be missing something, because I can’t get past it. Halp!

The spawns aren’t infinite there are a limited number of creatures you have to kill (I think its 20ish), you are fighting an army of undead.

If you’re a Life Mage… good luck.

For the other mages, you just need some perk points, and you’ll boost your power considerably. If you’re light on spell gems, hit up Zonte’s realms for a guaranteed spell gem every floor clear.

I tried this fight dozens of times as well now and there is not even the slightest chance of beating these guys for me, unless I grind for an unreasonable amount of levels perhaps. (Chaos Mage)
I really need help, like a good strategy or monsters, for I’d love to experience a bit more of the game.

One tip for fighting them is to equip your team with death lances/death shields since all the enemies are death creatures. This can really boost you damage/reduce the damage you take. I was playing a Sorcery mage and was able to take them down using AoE spells (Rapture really helped to weaken them.)

[quote=“Darshe Martin, post:4, topic:4122”]I tried this fight dozens of times as well now and there is not even the slightest chance of beating these guys for me, unless I grind for an unreasonable amount of levels perhaps. (Chaos Mage)
I really need help, like a good strategy or monsters, for I’d love to experience a bit more of the game.[/quote]

I also found this fight somewhat challenging as a Chaos Mage, especially because Chaos creatures deal reduced damage to Death

Life > Death > Chaos > Sorcery > Nature

If your are a Chaos team, you are probably focusing on attack damage. One option is to level up an alternative Damage dealer … For example the Brownie that does splash damage is a reasonable option. This makes it so you aren’t completely reliant on Chaos damage.

I also found that the De-buffs thrown around in that fight are more of a problem for Chaos than for other teams (e.g. Curse and Blind are bad, Blight neutralizes your Mutant Vampire Bat). Therefore, if you have access to any De-buff removal that can help a lot.

Also, the monsters that spawn later in the fight seem to be weaker than the Starting monsters so make sure to kill the Starting Monsters first.

Other than that, all I can say is that when I played Chaos, I had to farm some extra levels before I could do that fight. (This was the only early game boss fight that gave me trouble as Chaos)

Thanks a lot for the help. Yes, my strongest attacker indeed is that chaos starter, with a Troll Arsonist (nature) being close second. So leveling up a new team it is…

I finally did it. And the solution was extremely unsatisfying. I had to play as a nature mage, invest in the “Lone Wolf” perk and fight them with “Ugat” alone.
He single-handedly wiped the floor with these undead, ending the battle with 300% of his starting HP.

I tried for days to beat this team with my chaos, nature and life mage and didn’t stand even a slight chance, killing at most 3 of the ~20 enemies and as such I must say, that I am very unhappy with this encounter. The difficulty is unreasonably high, compared to the fights before it and even though I finally managed to beat them, I don’t feel any satisfaction, I only feel like I took the easy way out.

I still see no reason why you have to fight not six, but around twenty enemies in this fight, the game isn’t balanced for such mechanics and it shows. Other players might be better and less casual then me, but I just couldn’t withstand the unending attacks of six enemies for countless rounds. Normally I try to kill a weaker foe first and get rewarded with one less attack that my team has to endure per turn. If, no matter what I do, my team has to take six enemy attacks or spells per turn, I run out of defensive juice eventually.

This is of course only my opinion, but I feel like this encounter needs a little bit of work.

Death Shields.
It really is the answer to this fight.

Or you can use Death Lances to go ham on them.

Up to that point of the game I unfortunatelly didn’t have either of these items. Lances drop quite often, but no death ones yet, at least for me.
Of course, having a set of three such lances and three shields would’ve helped a lot, but given the random nature of the game, you cannot really make this part of your strategy.

[quote=“Darshe Martin, post:10, topic:4122”]Up to that point of the game I unfortunatelly didn’t have either of these items. Lances drop quite often, but no death ones yet, at least for me.
Of course, having a set of three such lances and three shields would’ve helped a lot, but given the random nature of the game, you cannot really make this part of your strategy.[/quote]
You can craft them?

[quote=“Psylisa, post:11, topic:4122”]

[quote=“Darshe Martin, post:10, topic:4122”]Up to that point of the game I unfortunatelly didn’t have either of these items. Lances drop quite often, but no death ones yet, at least for me.
Of course, having a set of three such lances and three shields would’ve helped a lot, but given the random nature of the game, you cannot really make this part of your strategy.[/quote]
You can craft them?[/quote]

First time playing through you can’t actually. You don’t unlock the ability to craft other stuff from the smithy for awhile best I could tell. I think it’s literally just Heavy Shield, Necklace and Sword. I forget which realm you can get more unlocks but, you don’t start the game (Once you have the smith) with the ability to craft most artifacts.

[quote=“RegalKain, post:12, topic:4122”]

[quote=“Psylisa, post:11, topic:4122”]

You can craft them?[/quote]

First time playing through you can’t actually. You don’t unlock the ability to craft other stuff from the smithy for awhile best I could tell. I think it’s literally just Heavy Shield, Necklace and Sword. I forget which realm you can get more unlocks but, you don’t start the game (Once you have the smith) with the ability to craft most artifacts.[/quote]
I think it’s level-based. In my Life game, I could obtain the smith quests to expand his inventory selection prior to hitting that boss on 18. But I also frequently hit hard walls early on in my Life game, so I had to grind a bit more.

I think, the number of enemies is endless, you only have to beat all at once before they start respawn.