Balance change sneak peek

Any chance at some teasers about the next patch’s balance overhauls? I’m not sure if those are finalized yet, but you were hinting that there was something coming up soon. :open_mouth: Especially one question: Is, or how is Holy Defiance being nerfed? :stuck_out_tongue: We all know it’s coming, it’s the most gamechanging perk in the game - while I admit it’s very important for stabilizing my team, especially against sigil Nethers, it’s so powerful that I imagine it puts Life mages a bit too far ahead.

Exciting, breathtaking teaser:

• Increased the preliminary threshold of Holy Defiance (Life Mage) from 50% to 60%.

That way, your creatures will survive a maximum of 3 hits instead of 4 at max rank.

[quote=“Zack, post:2, topic:689”]Exciting, breathtaking teaser:

• Increased the preliminary threshold of Holy Defiance (Life Mage) from 50% to 60%.

That way, your creatures will survive a maximum of 3 hits instead of 4 at max rank.[/quote]

Sounds like a good tweak. Doesn’t render it useless, but makes it require more points to pick up and not be quite as powerful in the end.
Sorry if this was a bit of an annoying post, though I do miss the upcoming patch previews that were posted in the past. This probably isn’t as major of a patch as 1.2 or 2.0, though, so it may just not have been necessary. :stuck_out_tongue: Balance changes are important, but not as flashy as new features, new sprites, or new creatures entirely. I am wondering, however. Is the Steampowered PIlwiz intended to be alone in its class, or will future Pilwiz creatures be released as well?

Anyone else notice the total creature count tick up to 328?

[quote=“jamosup, post:3, topic:689”]

[quote=“Zack, post:2, topic:689”]Exciting, breathtaking teaser:

That way, your creatures will survive a maximum of 3 hits instead of 4 at max rank.[/quote]

Sounds like a good tweak. Doesn’t render it useless, but makes it require more points to pick up and not be quite as powerful in the end.
Sorry if this was a bit of an annoying post, though I do miss the upcoming patch previews that were posted in the past. This probably isn’t as major of a patch as 1.2 or 2.0, though, so it may just not have been necessary. :stuck_out_tongue: Balance changes are important, but not as flashy as new features, new sprites, or new creatures entirely. I am wondering, however. Is the Steampowered PIlwiz intended to be alone in its class, or will future Pilwiz creatures be released as well?[/quote]

It’s not annoying at all, don’t worry!

I apologize for the lack of patch previews, it’s just that there’s nothing incredibly exciting to report about right now. The next patch will be large and should be out in a day or two, but it’s pretty much all balance fixes.

There will be more Pilwizes in the future - 6 more to be exact.

The scarecrows cometh!

I’m excited to see what the Pilwiz theme will be. So far looks like a race of pump creatures, but eh, you can’t have a free creature be anything too powerful anyways.