Basing Nether Creature level on Mage level?

What do people think of this idea? Since Mage level doesn’t have that many uses right now it could give it more importance. (I do admit the only reason I want this is so my lone wolf nether isn’t level 1, because that causes my mage to get level 1 experience).

It could either be always like this or be optional, as a Punishment.

Too complicated.

Just have the mage level factored in the average of your creature levels.
At that point, if you have no other creatures, you have nothing else to factor in the equation except the mage level.

That’s a good idea too.

I think this would be good to have as a Punishment so people can have fun with single creature parties, but I don’t think I would want it on all the time. I would tend to be more likely to start a new party of all new level 1 creatures rather than trying a solo creature, and I wouldn’t want it to be impossible to have a level 1 nether.

[quote=“Psylisa, post:2, topic:2225”]Too complicated.

Just have the mage level factored in the average of your creature levels.
At that point, if you have no other creatures, you have nothing else to factor in the equation except the mage level.[/quote]

Some people like to start fresh parties with level 1 creatures and things like that. If your Nether Creature is always going to be a higher level due to the mage’s level affecting it, those low level creatures won’t receive as much experience points, and your item drops will suffer because of that too.

In an average, you’d have to be something like mage level 600 to see a nether at 100 with a party of 5 other lv. 1 creatures.

I dunno - it needs to be based on something, and mage level is relatively unimportant in S2, which is a disappointment for me.

A level 100 nether in a level 1 party would be very unbalanced. Either your nether can deal with enemies near its level alone or you have to slog through battles that hardly give any rewards until your other creatures catch up. I am quite happy with the current implementation and believe that it benefits more people than the proposed alternative. That said, like uilas I think a punishment to base nether level on mage level would be fine.

I think mage level in general needs to have more of a positive impact. Currently it feels more like a punishment since it makes breeding for gene strength more difficult (for all that don’t know a creature’s gene strength contribution increases at 35%/65%/85% character level with creatures below 35% not increasing gene strength at all).

I really don’t like the idea of basing Nether level on mage level since it would mean that I could never use a Nether creature when running around with an all Level 1 (or low level) team in a low Realm. (I like playing around with low level teams to try things out.)

Personally, I am quite happy that player level isn’t very important in Siralim 2. (It definitely matters, but it isn’t a huge issue and doesn’t prevent you from having fun with low-level teams.) For me, personally, I like that Siralim 2 is all about the creatures and powering up the creatures, and that the player plays a limited, supporting role.

The thing is, a solo party is something the game, having a lone wolf perk, should support, while using level 1 creatures is something you have to actually work for (avoiding scholarly stables for example), and you could still do it by not using a nether until your team reaches the necessary level. Of course, I would be fine with it being a punishment.

Two quick comments:

1. As a matter of opinion, I do NOT think that having a solo Nether-Creature party is something that the game “should” support. (In particular, the Lone Wolf perk is still quite interesting and potentially useful in a party of, say, three creatures)

2. On my earlier point, I don’t care whether or not the game supports using parties of Level 1 creatures. (There is nothing magic about Level 1.) However, I feel strongly that the game should allow me to play with low-level parties and still get XP (and resource/item) rewards that are appropriate for playing the given Realm level with at-level creatures.

Note: Of course, these are just my opinions, you are free to disagree with me.

[quote=“Kejal, post:7, topic:2225”]A level 100 nether in a level 1 party would be very unbalanced. Either your nether can deal with enemies near its level alone or you have to slog through battles that hardly give any rewards until your other creatures catch up. I am quite happy with the current implementation and believe that it benefits more people than the proposed alternative. That said, like uilas I think a punishment to base nether level on mage level would be fine.

I think mage level in general needs to have more of a positive impact. Currently it feels more like a punishment since it makes breeding for gene strength more difficult (for all that don’t know a creature’s gene strength contribution increases at 35%/65%/85% character level with creatures below 35% not increasing gene strength at all).[/quote]

Which is true - but to even GET to a lv 100 Nether in a lv 1 party, you would need the following (assuming an average)

lv 600 mage
5x lv 1 creatures
1x nether

600 / 6 = lv 100

I doubt many players are even at Mage Level 600. By that time, whizzing through the first 100 creature levels is a non-issue anyways.

Having a weighted system like 50% of mage level makes sense too. I’m not advocating solely based on Mage Level, but it should be a component.

For players that wish to use a single Nether, that means the Nether gets scaled to the Mage Level. For players that want to use a nether in a regular line-up, it’s relatively no change at all.

Besides, even if you start a level 1 party, your artifacts will be much better than when you first started the game, to the point where the first creature that gets a turn will oneshot the whole enemy party. Catching up to the Nether’s level should be a non-issue.

I think adding this as a punishment is the way to go.