Battle crash - iOS and Windows

Accidentally got myself the same crash twice, once on each platform. It seems to be triggered by frantically mashing B (iOS) / Q (PC) during a battle, possibly during the end of an enemy’s turn? (I do this when I want to diffuse an enemy next without accidentally attacking them)

Here’s the text:

############################################################################################
FATAL ERROR in
action number 1
of Step Event0
for object obj_battlecontroller:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Get 0.nickname(100003, -1)
at gml_Script_bc_HandleDeadEnemies
############################################################################################

stack frame is
gml_Script_bc_HandleDeadEnemies (line 0)
gml_Object_obj_battlecontroller_Step_0

I’ll do my best to mash Q and see if I can reproduce the crash :slight_smile: Thanks for letting me know, and sorry about that!

I could confirm this… =/

I’m pretty stumped by this crash, since as ivreal said, it’s been around for a bit and I have yet to be able to reproduce it over the course of 2 weeks. The hint that it might come from pressing Q at inopportune moments was very helpful though, so while I can’t guarantee anything, I’m going to try what I think might be a fix in the next patch. The best thing to do for now is to not use Q (or B if you’re playing it on iOS/Android) to confirm through battle messages.

Not sure if this helps, but the other day it occured when I was talking to a npc and he mention something about theres a group of monsters behind you. Then the crash occured. I tried updating my ipad, but the crash still happened. Although the crash didn’t occur until 2nd floor. So maybe it was meant for me to play this game in short spurts. >.<