calamity multiple procs

1. bug

2. I was fighting a omnipotent deity and when I killed one of their it triggered calamity. Kept fighting then killed another which triggered it again. This time it killed one of my creatures which then started a chain explosion that wiped almost all my group. Since calamity specifically state that it trigger once for each side it’s definitely not working as intended.

3. windows 7

4. 2.3.0

5. Happened to me with 2 different monster groups so unlikely to be related to another creature ability.

It can only occur on one creature per side at a time, but it can still occur multiple times per turn. Was this not the case?

Trying to reproduce the fight to make sure but even if it worked as intented the ability description could be updated to make it clear the proc limit isn’t for a fight but for a turn.

The abilities description states it will only trigger once for each team. This is refering to the idea that you cant have a full group of 6 guys all popping calamity at the same time.

In other words you have 2 guys with calamity ability only one will trigger PER ally or enemy death.

Calamity its a pretty amazing ability because it can cause a chain reaction. Hence if you kill one enemy who dies triggers calamity which in turn kills another, it makes perfect sence that the next enemy will trigger calamity once again.

[quote=“MathiasDawnstrider, post:4, topic:1116”]The abilities description states it will only trigger once for each team. This is refering to the idea that you cant have a full group of 6 guys all popping calamity at the same time.

In other words you have 2 guys with calamity ability only one will trigger PER ally or enemy death.

Calamity its a pretty amazing ability because it can cause a chain reaction. Hence if you kill one enemy who dies triggers calamity which in turn kills another, it makes perfect sence that the next enemy will trigger calamity once again.[/quote]

I’m not saying this isn’t fine it would work this way, but the way it is worded it feel it doesn’t properly reflect what the ability actually does. If It actually is supposed to work as you described it to be it would make more sense to have the description be something like: “only 1 instance of calamity for each side can trigger on each death”.

might just be me though, since I’m the first (and only 1) to have reported that.

TL;DR Maybe not a bug, just poor ability description

That said I don’t think it should function like that. :stuck_out_tongue:
But that’s just personal taste.

I agree that the description could use better wording, however functionally it is correct, also there are always abilities to hinder stuff like this. most easy to get is the one that stops triggers on death to happen.

What the limitation actually is and supposed to be is that only one calamity per side will trigger on each death. However each death will still trigger, but having say 3 guys with calamity wont give you more triggers than having one.