Can't Even Start a New Game/AVG Trigger

I just purchased Siralim 2 on Steam and I haven’t even been able to start the game. The first time I tried to start a new game AVG Anti-virus threw an alert. Since then, it hasn’t made it more than about 20 seconds. If I go really quickly I can get to an image of a blue tentacled dude, but otherwise the game just shits itself. Is there a directory outside of the Steam folder that might have corrupted data I need to delete? Also:

1. Is your issue a bug, or is it a crash?
    —It’s a soft-lock that requires closing from the task manager

2. If it’s a crash, please copy and paste the full error message below, or post a screenshot of it. Otherwise, leave this field blank.
    —There is no error message of any kind. Like I said, soft-lock; guessing corrupted data somewhere.

3. Please describe in as much detail as possible how to reproduce the bug or crash.
    —Create a fresh install with AVG Anti-virus installed and have AVG get pissed off. I told AVG to allow the program, but it still shits itself every time.

4. What operating system are you playing the game on? Windows, Mac OS, Android, iOS, or Playstation? If it’s Playstation, please also state your region (NA or EU).
    —OS is Windows 7 x64

5. What game version are you playing? You can find the version number on the title screen in the lower left corner.
    —Version 0.10.2

6. Any other details to help us solve the problem, such as what you were doing when the bug/crash occurred, or any hints on how we can reproduce it.
    —Gonna look for other places data is stored to try deleting. I noticed that it says online data acquired in the bottom right there. I might try deleting my SteamCloud data if that’s how you’re storing data online. Otherwise I’m fucked.

You’re better off disabling AVG while you play. There’s nothing we can do on our end since it decides to randomly flag an innocent game as a virus, unfortunately.