Community Update for July 6, 2015

Hi everyone,

As you’ve probably noticed, I haven’t been posting quite as much on the forums and there haven’t been any major updates released over the last couple weeks. A lot of you have probably figured out on your own why that’s the case, but I figured I’d let you know exactly what I’ve been working on for the last month or so.

First off, I’ve been busy porting the game to a few new platforms: Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation Vita, and Xbox One. Working with Sony and Microsoft has been smooth sailing so far, but as you might imagine, it’s quite a process to get all the paperwork and programming issues in order to make this happen. The good news is that I currently have a fully running version of the game on all Playstation platforms, and hope to get the Xbox One version up and running as soon as I receive my Xbox development kits in the mail. The tentative release date for all Playstation platforms is September 8, though that could change at any time if we run into problems beforehand. We do not have an estimated release date for Xbox One yet, though I am confident it will be out before the end of the year.

Aside from that, I’ve begun designing Siralim 2! I learned a lot from creating Siralim 1 (it was my first game ever, after all) and I think that Siralim 2 is going to improve on Siralim 1 in all the right ways. I am hoping to have it out for closed beta testing by the end of the year. I’ll probably start a development blog and collect feedback on the game as work progresses.

Our graphics artists and music composer are already hard at work on creating amazing assets for Siralim 2 while I do my part to maintain Siralim 1 and work on its sequel in my free time. I look forward to sharing more details with you in the near future!