Confused about breeding.

I’m a bit confused about the breeding. I’ve tried search and read various info on breeding but there’s not a lot of info out there.

1. Is gene strength just a description saying how many stats your creature has inherited from it’s parents or is it a stat of it’s own?

2. Are gene strength and inherited stats seperate?

3. Is there a limit to gene strength/creature stats?

1. Is gene strength just a description saying how many stats your creature has inherited from it’s parents or is it a stat of it’s own?
It is how many stat bonuses come from breeding. What those extra stats are in can be found on the “detailed stats” page from the creature menu.

2. Are gene strength and inherited stats seperate?
Sort of. I am not sure exactly what you are asking here, but gene strength (the + number) is sort of an overview of how much of this creatures stats are inherited. What stats those are is only found on the “detailed stats” page.

3. Is there a limit to gene strength/creature stats?
I don’t think so, since this game is all about not having caps. There is an achievement for getting at least +1000.

I have done a lot of breeding now, so I can answer more questions if you have them =)

OK, this makes things more clear. Originally i thought gene strength was it’s own stat that boosted all of your base stats. I read that in Patch 0.7.6 notes but i’m guessing things have changed since then or i didn’t fully understand it.

1. When combining creatures your base stats increase which further increases stat growth correct?

2. When passing on stats to an egg the higher a stat is the more it passes on but what happens to previously inherited bonus stats? If i have a defense creature that’s +10 gene strength from a boosted int and i breed it, will it pass on a boosted int and defense or since it’s main stat is defense it will only really pass on defense?

3. Will i see the base stat change or will it show up under gene when selecting detailed stats?

4. Why do some of my creatures have a few points under “Other”? I only have a card that increases int and no perks that increase stats.

4. When combining creatures your base stats increase which further increases stat growth correct?
I am not really sure what you are trying to say here. When you breed creatures the base stats don’t change, only the gene stats do. Base stats are the same for every creature of that type (e.g. all Regal Golems have the same base stats, regardless of being +0 or +1000.)

5. When passing on stats to an egg the higher a stat is the more it passes on but what happens to previously inherited bonus stats? If i have a defense creature that’s +10 gene strength from a boosted int and i breed it, will it pass on a boosted int and defense or since it’s main stat is defense it will only really pass on defense?
It will pass on both. Basically, you never lose anything by breeding, it only gets new gains.

6. Will i see the base stat change or will it show up under gene when selecting detailed stats?
The base stats never change (well, if you make it into a new creature it has the new creature’s base.) So the ONLY things it will gain are in the gene area of detailed stats. Actually, base stats increase with level. So I suppose they do change, but it has nothing to do with breeding.

7. Why do some of my creatures have a few points under “Other”? I only have a card that increases int and no perks that increase stats.
I have no idea. I have that happening as well, and I have not figured out what the heck that is.

From my experiences, basically when you breed a pair of creatures, only two things matter for how much + they get. First is their levels, but that seems to cap at mage level. (E.g. If you are level 150, both creatures being level 150 will do the same for you as them being level 500.) If you are breeding for stats, always get the creatures to your mage level. The second factor is how much + the parents have. I have not figured out the exact formula, but creatures have something akin to exponential growth for + gene stats. See my breeding adventures (https://forums.thylacinestudios.com/p/9585) for some example numbers. At level 400 or so, the most gain I have ever seen from two +0 creatures is +6.

One other thing I realized recently, is that both parents matter when determining what genes to give. I assumed it was first parent for what creature it is, and 2nd for what genes to add. In my team of creatures, 4 of them have been bred with the same creature for the 2nd each time. (As it happens I use Necropolis.) They have the same +, but in different areas. They all have some health and defense, because that is what Necropolis has a lot of, but they have other gene stats that seem to correlate with their base stats.

I just realized what “Other” might be. Deity point perks! I mostly noticed because it is the only thing giving my creatures more mana.

Ok this explains a lot. Thank you for all the help i think i’m ready to begin a bit of breeding of my own.

So…My king is like level 180 now, I can’t really do netherrealms yet but I’m clearing the increased difficulty 20-23 realm with my level 150-160+15ish creatures. I’m not sure exactly what I should be doing to breed my creatures into the higher gene levels even reading this post. Should I level them to like 200 and breed 2 level 200 together? Does their level really matter? should I catch like 20 of the say “thresher fiend” i use and just spam breed as much power as I have? Which is the best way to go about breeding?