Corrupted cloud save

Cloud id is 771278510428.

I’m on Android. The game froze while uploading to the cloud. Eventually I killed the app.

This appears to have corrupted my local save. When I relaunched the app it crashed.

This appears also to have corrupted the cloud save. After deleting the app data locally and changing my cloud id back the game crashes trying to load data from the cloud.

Desired fixes:

1. Do you have any backups of the cloud saves? I’d like to keep the character. If you could restore an earlier version that would be lovely.

2. File upload/download should be transactional. No saves should be overwritten client or sever side until the file transfer is complete and the file is verified.

I don’t see any files attached to that cloud ID. Is that definitely the correct one?

Unfortunately no, we don’t keep any backups of cloud saves. I don’t see how your save file could become corrupted just for uploading it to the cloud though. What error do you see when you start the game?

I don’t see any files attached to that cloud ID. Is that definitely the correct one?

Confirmed.

On your end do you mind confirming that you are checking Siralim 2?

Unfortunately no, we don’t keep any backups of cloud saves.

:frowning:

What error do you see when you start the game?

Crash to home screen after setting my cloud id, then importing from cloud.

Crash to home screen when reloading the game after pressing ‘A’ at the “Press A to start that game” screen.

Sorry for the delayed response!

I found the file you were talking about, and as you guessed, only a portion of it was successfully uploaded because the game was closed mid-upload.

In the future, even if it appears that the game has frozen, just give it some time to process the upload. Your internet connection might have had a hiccup that caused it to take some time or maybe the Thylacine Studios server was temporarily slow, but it would have gone through at some point regardless.