Crash: Daily Realm Battles

1. Crash during Daily Realm battle.

2. (text below)

############################################################################################
FATAL ERROR in
action number 1
of Step Event0
for object obj_battlecontroller:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Index [0,1] out of range [1,1] - 108320.conditions(100116,1)
at gml_Script_bc_EnemyTurn
############################################################################################

stack frame is
gml_Script_bc_EnemyTurn (line 0)
gml_Object_obj_battlecontroller_Step_0

1. The crash occurs against a particular party of enemies, a swarm of five Diabolic Watchmen and one Diabolic Observer. Usually several rounds in - six or seven appears to be the average - the game crashes on an enemy turn. The crash is reproducible on my end and has occurred three times so far; if you need more information on my end, I’m pretty sure that since my Daily Realm count stays the same after each crash, I can find that party again.

2. OS is Windows 7.

3. Game version is Siralim 2.0.7.

4. Enemy HP counts were doing very odd things during this fight. I think Watchmen give a health buff to hordes, but one gained Taunt, then Mend, and was healing ~600ish HP a turn. Mend heals 10% of max HP, so I know that the max should have been about 6k, but I reliably put at least 4.4k damage on him, and he never exited the ‘lightly bruised’ status that indicates <75% health. That may or may not be related to the crash, but it is highly suspicious.

It turns out that this crash is from the Timewarp buff. It took a while to find it but after crumplecup sent dozens of screenshots containing the error, we narrowed it down to that. After the pending update is released for iOS, I am going to immediately launch another patch and this fix is included in it.

Unbeknownst to me, pandemonium tokens had added timewarp buffs to 3/6 of my artifacts, and the effect starting appearing like popcorn.

That moment when you have 194 Panda tokens and you’re utterly terrified of using any of them.

Build a pandemonium king killing team, (pray for a way to store your gems) don’t max your gems, remove your most valuable spells, and spend what resources you need for artifacts, creatures, and structure upgrades. Once you’re ready, it’s business time; time for a little pandemonium! XD