Crash during battle.

############################################################################################
FATAL ERROR in
action number 1
of Step Event0
for object obj_battlecontroller:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Index [0,3] out of range [1,2] - -7.targets(100002,3)
at gml_Script_bc_CreatureCast
############################################################################################

stack frame is
gml_Script_bc_CreatureCast (line 0)
gml_Script_bc_SpellsOnHit
gml_Script_bc_ExecuteEvents
gml_Object_obj_battlecontroller_Step_0

While fighting normal battle in realm of Meraxis, with debuffs of Silence and Bleed applied to all enemies via flower spores, game suddenly crashed the moment I chose to attack one of enemy creatures.

My OS is Windows 7 and game version is 2.0.0

As a side note game started playing considerably slower overall during battles in newest Trials of the Gods expansion. Never had any problems or crashes with precious version. Still other than that little mishap, new content is pretty neat. Many thanks for making and supporting Siralim 2 with fresh stuff. :smiley:

Same with the battle speed.

Do you by any chance use many “At the beginning of battle” traits?

Actually besides those Realm buffs, I also had 2 traits from my creatures working from the start.

I believe it was Leper with its Hugs and Kisses and Efreet with Burn inflicted on my team which heals me for 5 turns. Those were all things active from start of battle.

I assume that also that the recently expanded library of Spell Gems could also play a role in slowing game down.
Gotta fetch all those new formulas and effects from code after all.

I got a very similar crash, about 3 attacks into a round. Cast the “Impale” Chaos gem with my Stronghold, on a middle-bottom row target (targets on each side, left and right). Had a similar crash, I believe during a cast of Impale last night as well. Hadn’t saved in a bit and it stung! Heh.

FATAL ERROR in
action number 1
of Step Event0
for object obj_battlecontroller:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Index [0,2] out of range [1,2] - -7.targets(100002,2)
at gml_Script_bc_CreatureCast

stack frame is
gml_Script_bc_CreatureCast (line 0)
gml_Script_bc_CreatureCastSpellGem
gml_Script_bc_SpellsOnHit
gml_Script_bc_OnDeath
gml_Script_bc_ExecuteEvents
gml_Object_obj_battlecontroller_Step_0

Good catch - Impale can definitely cause a crash. Thanks for the info!

Glad you can recreate it! Just picked the game up over the weekend and love it. Glad to see active engagement with your community. Will always let you know if I run into problems going forward!

Thanks,
K.Black