Crash on attacking 1.05

1. Is your issue a BUG (such as a glitch, or something that probably shouldn’t happen in the game or a CRASH (causes the game to throw an error and does not allow you to continue playing the game)?

Crash

1. If your issue is a CRASH, please copy and paste the full error message below. Otherwise, leave this field blank.

############################################################################################
FATAL ERROR in
action number 1
of Step Event0
for object obj_battlecontroller:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Get 3.hp(100030, -1)
at gml_Script_bc_HandleAttack
############################################################################################

stack frame is
gml_Script_bc_HandleAttack (line 0)
gml_Script_bc_PlayerTurn
gml_Object_obj_battlecontroller_Step_0

1. Please describe in as much detail as possible how to reproduce the bug or crash.

I was attacking a non boss group that was summoned to the world map by a Pandemonium Ticket. It was the first attack of the battle and was aimed at a Destruction Banshee.

1. What operating system are you playing the game on? Windows, Mac OS, Android, or iOS?

Windows 7 64 Bit

1. What game version are you playing? You can find the version number on the title screen in the lower left corner.

1. Any other details to help us solve the problem.

Just in case what was your line-up and was your monster a destruction banshee or was it an enemy?

If it was the latter which of your monsters attacked first if it was the former I’m guessing you do not remember details on enemy monster lineup.

I made a note of the enemy I was attacking at the time and saved the error but didn’t report it at the time. The Destruction Banshee was the enemy I was attacking. The error seemed to imply that it was the enemy’s hp which was the the issue so I didn’t bother to write down what creature I had attacking at the time, Sorry. I THINK it was my iron golem, maybe?

Yea I’m not sure how that works, creature lineup is mentioned a lot in these combat bug reports. The crash could be related to your creatures so do post which active creatures you had if you can please.

Here’s a link to another player with the same crash log and Zack’s reply https://forums.thylacinestudios.com/t/123 So I’m only trying to save both of you time by asking the same questions he is likely to.

I am afraid I don’t have the save the caused the crash anymore. I have been playing on two computers and one of them blew up a harddrive, so all I have is what I remember from the crash a couple of days ago and the notes I had saved on my second hard drive. From looking at the post you linked I am beginning to question if I forgot to update the version on the other computer before it blew. It might be better to ignore this error if it can’t be reproduced in a newer version unless/ until someone else gets it too.

Sorry for the confusion, The game crash happened on my laptop when I didn’t have wifi to report it, and I just never got to it before the hard drive crashed.

Ah okay, Zack’s swung a flyswatter at this bug a few times so it’s probably more like he “hopes it’s fixed” than him saying it was definitely fixed. I get the impression a few things can case the same error if mistakes are made.

This should almost definitely have been fixed a few patches ago, so please let me know if it pops up again. :slight_smile: