Crash on battle start.

If your game crashes, please copy and paste the full error message below, or post a screenshot of it.

############################################################################################
FATAL ERROR in
action number 1
of Step Event0
for object obj_battlecontroller:

Variable obj_artifact.(100022, -2147483648) not set before reading it.
at gml_Script_bc_CreatureCastSpellGem
############################################################################################

stack frame is
gml_Script_bc_CreatureCastSpellGem (line 0)
gml_Script_bc_OnDefend
gml_Script_bc_CreatureDefend
gml_Script_bc_CreatureCast
gml_Script_bc_CreatureCastSpellGem
gml_Script_bc_SpellsOnHit
gml_Script_bc_StartupEffects
gml_Object_obj_battlecontroller_Step_0

Please describe in as much detail as possible how to reproduce the bug or crash.

First time running into it, realm level 44’ish, chaos mage level 50’ish with full perks, party makeup:
Nether demon stronghold, with traits:
always has taunt, provokes at end of turn
voodoo (0 mana battle start, gain mana end of turn)
master shapeshifter/shapeshift command with bonus turns
Rally, (creatures gain 25% attack/intel on provoke)

Spell gems: guardian’s force, with cast on battle start and cast on provoke
requiem, mutilate, star pact, mass dispel,

gorum apocalypse with wallflower on artifact (defends/provokes = cast spells)
spell gems = chaos rift and panic attack

agor apocalypse with simulation trait on artifact (doubles wallflower casts)
chaos and death nukes as spell gems

aaxer apocalypse with peekaboo
chaos and death nukes as spell gems

Unicorn thundercracker(chance to move allies up queue, plan to use more panic attacks when I find them) with fan dance (doubles actions done due to defend for 4 casts per defend)
spell gems, guardian force (cast at battle start), requiem, fury swipes

Ancestral phoenix with wild stabs artifact (if it accidentally kills my creatuers, rez all my creatures)
spell gems: mutilate and mind storm

Basically, infinite loops, had been working fine, this is the first time it crashed. I’ve been pondering swapping out the rally and stronghold traits for the defend after turn trait, and going gryphons, but dropping the guardian force, seeing if I can do less loops and more varied actions.

What operating system are you playing the game on? Windows, Mac OS, Android, iOS, or Playstation?
If it’s Playstation, please also state your region (NA or EU). If it’s a mobile device, please state the device’s model/brand (such as Nexus 5 or Samsung Galaxy Tab 4).

Windows 7, steam client.

What game version are you playing? You can find the version number on the title screen in the lower left corner.

version 2.3.3

Able to reproduce it in another battle, or possibly an offshoot of the bug, as this one didn’t happen at battle start, rather it happened two ‘turns’ into my shapeshift spam.

FATAL ERROR in
action number 1
of Step Event0
for object obj_battlecontroller:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Index [0,1] out of range [1,1] - -1.gems(100242,1)
at gml_Script_bc_OnDefend

stack frame is
gml_Script_bc_OnDefend (line 0)
gml_Script_bc_OnDefend
gml_Script_bc_OnProvoke
gml_Script_bc_CreatureProvoke
gml_Script_bc_CreatureEndOfTurn