CRASH: Randomly crashing at the end of battles

This keeps happening and it doesn’t seem like I can progress any further. Not sure if it’s just a coincidence but it seems like every time I’ve crashed a Lich Priest has been involved on either my side or the enemies side. It started happening when I got to realm level 4. I’ve reloaded my auto-save several times but I keep crashing.

I checked the other thread with a similar title but it seems my error log is different from his so I made my own thread.

Playing on a Samsung Galaxy S3 running Android 4.3. Game version is 1.3.0 (Demo).

I’m going to write the error message off my phone screen since I can’t copy it, bear with me in case of errors.

#################################
################
FATAL ERROR in
action number 1
of Step Event0
for object obj_battlecontroller:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Index [0,5] out of
range [1,5] - 101892.stats(100276,5)
at gml_Script_bc_HandleVicotory
################
-------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------
stack frame is
gml_Script_bc_HandleVictory (line 0)
gml_Object_obj_battlecontroller_Step_0

Otherwise very interesting game. Will probably purchase if I know I can play it without getting stuck on a bug. :smiley:

Hi, welcome to the forums and thanks for posting your error message!

It looks like the crash is coming from one of your artifacts leveling up, but I’m not exactly sure why. Can you see if any of your artifacts are extremely close to leveling up (you can inspect each of your creatures and see which one has an artifact that has something like 24/25 kills or something like that), and tell me that artifact’s stats?

Thank you.

Yes, you seem to be correct. It’s the artifact “Staff”, level 3 (35/50 kills). If I try to inspect it the game crashes. If I remove it and try to look inside my artifact inventory the game crashes as well.

Alright, I’ll try to figure out the problem. Thanks for all the info. Have you enchanted the staff at all (from what you remember), or would it just have the stats it already had when you found/crafted it?

Nope, haven’t tinkered with it at all. Found it through weapon shards IIRC and just carried it along.

Alright, thanks again for the info. For now you will unfortunately have to “dodge” the artifact or the game will crash. Sorry about that :frowning: