Creatures that once appeared in realms no longer appearing, etc.

Greetings, Siralim 2 folks!

I’ve had a guest over for a visit recently and for fun, I thought I’d transfer one of my Siralim 2 save files from my PC via the Cloud Save feature to my Steam Machine.

After loading the file up and playing it for most of yesterday, we thought it was pretty weird that we weren’t seeing any new creatures after progressing through many realms. Then, I realized that I wasn’t seeing many creatures which I had previously seen (and extracted) earlier in this save file (for example, Ebony Ents). Also, after 10+ hours of play, there’s at least one realm which we haven’t encountered (I forget the name, but: the beach realm?).

Please describe in as much detail as possible how to reproduce the bug or crash.

Upload a save file to Cloud Storage on one device, download the same save file on another device and play for a while.

What operating system are you playing the game on? Windows, Mac OS, Android, iOS, or Playstation?
If it’s Playstation, please also state your region (NA or EU). If it’s a mobile device, please state the device’s model/brand (such as Nexus 5 or Samsung Galaxy Tab 4).

The PC the save file originally came from was running Windows 10. The Steam Machine the save file was imported to was also running Windows 10.

What game version are you playing? You can find the version number on the title screen in the lower left corner.
2.4.0, on both devices.

(also, big “whoopsie” if this is a mechanical misunderstanding on my part, but I’m not sure why all of this would be happening naturally in the game…)