Demon dust change poll.

I feel like demon dust should have some other way to be acquired… considering you can do so with just about any othet item/monster in the game…

Theyre not exactly rare in the endgame. Im pocketing… 47 of em atm, not really sure what to use em on. They should stay as they are. Nether demons should be special.

As someone who’s not quite that far along, I agree with this. I used to get excited every time I found a legendary material, and seriously considered using every one I found, regardless of which ability it was. I agonized over the decision of transmuting them instead, knowing that sooner or later I wouldn’t get another legendary back. And every new legendary ability I got changed the game in a significant way.

Now I’ve got at least one of nearly every legendary material, and that part of the game is over. I can build pretty much any two-ability combination I could want. Finding legendary materials is no longer exciting. But the idea of a nether demon is. I’ve only found two demon dusts, and neither of them took. I can’t wait to get my first three-ability creature and see what new possibilities open up. The barrier to that is being able to reliably dive very deep, and that means putting together not just six creatures with six legendary artifacts, but ones that cohere into a powerful team. I think I’m almost there, and hopefully my recently acquired Nightmare Mummy will push me over the top.

Anyway, this is getting long. My point is that Siralim’s very, very long progression curve is one of its greatest features, and (as far as I know) getting lots of nether demons is about the last milestone. I have a few hundred emblems, and I’d already be there if I could get dust that way. I don’t feel like progression is artificially “gated” now, and so I don’t see a need to shorten it.

Well as someone that’s around realm 300 and level 1200… I seem to not be finding anymore demon dusts at all… they’re literally the only thing I need at this point and it gets frustrating when you play for over 10 hours and don’t find one…

I have all the item things finding skills maxed and I even did about 300 sigals yesterday and still didn’t get one…

Everything else in the game has a garenteed way to be found or acquired… why not this?

[quote=“QNE, post:4, topic:1029”]Well as someone that’s around realm 300 and level 1200… I seem to not be finding anymore demon dusts at all… they’re literally the only thing I need at this point and it gets frustrating when you play for over 10 hours and don’t find one…

I have all the item things finding skills maxed and I even did about 300 sigals yesterday and still didn’t get one…

Everything else in the game has a garenteed way to be found or acquired… why not this?[/quote]

Hmm…I must admit I thought that DD would be readily available by that point. To the guy banking 47 of them, just how endgame are you?

[quote=“QNE, post:4, topic:1029”]Well as someone that’s around realm 300 and level 1200… I seem to not be finding anymore demon dusts at all… they’re literally the only thing I need at this point and it gets frustrating when you play for over 10 hours and don’t find one…

Everything else in the game has a garenteed way to be found or acquired… why not this?[/quote]

Didn’t you just say in the shoutbox a few days ago that you had 37 dusts?

Yeah I got that many out of my first 100 hours… and since then I haven’t found any… and out of all those I managed to make two demons…

And that was like two weeks ago… in two weeks with over 25 hours played I should have found one…

currently at a depth of 1142, character level 9119.

My demon dust is mostly from arena though. Get a good team going and farm 30k or so points - bring your demonic horde team out to buy chests with, buy the 200 arenapoint chests.
Its honestly the best way to get imbued orbs as well, I’ve found. Not that I need any more of them.

[quote=“Cephyric, post:8, topic:1029”]currently at a depth of 1142, character level 9119.

My demon dust is mostly from arena though. Get a good team going and farm 30k or so points - bring your demonic horde team out to buy chests with, buy the 200 arenapoint chests.
Its honestly the best way to get imbued orbs as well, I’ve found. Not that I need any more of them.[/quote]

That would be fine if I could just start at level 100 at the arena lol… I get so bored by the time I hit the 70s or so that I normally just turn the game off and play something else for a while…

If we could maybe change the arena to chose to start at a higher level or an increased difficulty(for more points ofc) that wouldn’t happen. Lol because the arena now is just to much grinding to get to the low cap of point per battle