Devlog: Otherworldly Sigils

http://www.thylacinestudios.com/siralim-3-otherworldly-sigils/

Omg. This is sweet! That’s such a neat way to have pvp in this game. Ah if only I could play this now!

Love the idea, seems like a really fun method for adding player interaction.
Only thing I’m curious about though is will you be biasing the quality of the rewards in order to reward people for trying first time sigils, and for trying sigils that haven’t been beaten or have a low winrate.

Otherwise I feel like the people playing them will just gravitate towards the easiest sigils and any sense of challenging each other will be lost a little.

I’m kinda hoping the system favours a setup of one person lays down a challenge and the other players race to beat it… which if teams crafted to be easy to beat give the same rewards wont happen often.

Async PvP, finally ? Awesome.
If only there could’ve been some player Arena submissions as well… And user-generated parties in Realms…
sigh

[quote=“Aiesha Nazarothi, post:4, topic:3592”]If only there could’ve been some player Arena submissions as well… And user-generated parties in Realms…
sigh[/quote]

The player-bosses are user-generated parties, are they not?

I like the idea of integrating this concept with a new arena mode or something like that.

The arena is one of my favorite parts of Siralim 2, and it would be awesome to have some sort of pvp/leaderboard for that as well.

I was actually thinking about a “survival mode” for arena earlier today, where you take on endless fights and aim for high win streaks and cool prizes. Tying in a weekly leaderboard to compete for win streaks (and potentially titles) would make it even cooler. Arena Master DragOhNite sounds rather dashing, I think.

amazing idea!

When can I pay you to get in the early access???

The player-bosses are user-generated parties, are they not?

Yes and no. They are bosses after all. Bosses != chance (5% would be enough) of encountering rather balanced user-generated parties in wild. That being said… analyzing player’s own successfull combinations and using it as template to generate some enemies sounds rather awesome as well.

If I meet all of the prerequisites it would normally take to extract a core from a creature in the wild, will I be able to extract a core from that creature during a player-boss battle?

On one hand, it would be cool to extract players’ Singular Creatures. On the other, it could make Singular Creatures too common, especially if some weirdo like me is running around with painstakingly gathered full Singular teams and throwing codes all over the internet.

On that note, do you have any thoughts on how rare you want Singular Creatures to be?

Player boss battles will be treated like normal boss battles, so you can’t extract anything in those.