Diamond enchanting suggestion

I posted in another forum but it should be here lol.

With how the system is that realm / creatures are all based off your creatures levels, diamond enchants just only seem to serve a purpose of giving you a weaker nether and well its a pretty un popular choice by many. I would really like to see it given an update to feel it is worth the activations and such over pure stat gems. Now we know each activation comes with diminishing returns so I thought of something like this.

Diamond enchants adds a bonus to experience (smaller than current setup), Also allows diminishing returns to be less on the other 4 gem types.
Diamond

• Exp bonus
  • Diminishing returns on ruby, emerald, sapphire, topaz

I’m not sure how well it could work or how appealing it would be to others?

While thinking about it, this seems to be a very tricky situation as even I enjoy making the strongest nether by stats because I can go deeper realm with them. If anyone else can think of a cool way to give diamond enchants a new system.

For now it feels boosting experience for less stats only hinders nethers. My lv70 was basically better than my lv120 diamond nether. my lv70 could kill same level monsters as my lv120 could. Maybe removing +exp all together and revamp diamond somehow?

My suggestion would be to have diamonds boost all stats by a small amount, in addition to the current exp gain. That way it’d be the “generalist” option and no longer off-putting when you know how the level scaling system works, while still giving the same general idea (boost the nether in general) and the others are more specific/pointed boosts.

What if nether orbs had sockets for gems of each color rather than total? You COULDN’T put all the gems into one, but you COULD put all activations into one. You could still specialize a monster, the drops would be more varied for nether orbs, and activation choices would be more meaningful since presently, the main consideration is where you put your GEMS.

Diamonds would be more valuable in this scenario since you have x number of slots for diamonds on a given nether orb. Each nether orb / monster combination would require different min-maxing to figure out where to put the activations.

Worth noting that diamond effectiveness still suffers from the xp curve. 3.5x xp ended up giving TIM 50% more levels than BOB in Kejal’s experiment, but even with 50% more levels, BOB still had more stats.

You guys are missing something kinda funny…

If enemies scale to the level of your nether creature, then diamond enchantments would make your creature more powerful…
…if they made your creature receive less experience! ::slight_smile:

[quote=“winsomniak, post:3, topic:746”]What if nether orbs had sockets for gems of each color rather than total? You COULDN’T put all the gems into one, but you COULD put all activations into one. You could still specialize a monster, the drops would be more varied for nether orbs, and activation choices would be more meaningful since presently, the main consideration is where you put your GEMS.

Diamonds would be more valuable in this scenario since you have x number of slots for diamonds on a given nether orb. Each nether orb / monster combination would require different min-maxing to figure out where to put the activations.[/quote]

I don’t think this could work because we already have nethers based on how we wanted to build them… this would make future nethers worthless because they probably won’t fit a persons desire. Its not good to limit the nether system. the game is based on freedom. the main focus is giving diamonds a more meaningful reason to use.

[quote=“Enzo Matrix, post:6, topic:746”]

[quote=“winsomniak, post:3, topic:746”]What if nether orbs had sockets for gems of each color rather than total? You COULDN’T put all the gems into one, but you COULD put all activations into one. You could still specialize a monster, the drops would be more varied for nether orbs, and activation choices would be more meaningful since presently, the main consideration is where you put your GEMS.

Diamonds would be more valuable in this scenario since you have x number of slots for diamonds on a given nether orb. Each nether orb / monster combination would require different min-maxing to figure out where to put the activations.[/quote]

I don’t think this could work because we already have nethers based on how we wanted to build them… this would make future nethers worthless because they probably won’t fit a persons desire. Its not good to limit the nether system. the game is based on freedom. the main focus is giving diamonds a more meaningful reason to use.[/quote]

There is potential for quite a conversation to be had here about the illusion of choice in games and the nature of min-maxing, but I won’t derail your suggestion further :).

That is pretty funny Crumple!

Very interesting ideas! I’m glad this is getting talked about, since when I first started the game I wanted to have a blinged out diamond nether. (Habit from playing minecraft forever ago) I tossed that idea when I realized what that would entail.

Enzo’s idea could be awesome as long as it doesn’t go too far. However it has a good balance in that you have to put activations in other areas to benefit from the added boost in benefit to other Stat types.
However, I find the idea of making diamond into more of a generalist buff, that gives a little bit of an xp boost, very appealing! (Welcome to the forums, Grakor!)

Depending on whether Nether creatures have higher base stats or the Nether process adds on stats after creation, Nethers could potentially grow much more per level than other creatures, which means you actually have considerable incentive to make Diamonds.

Unless a nether is given the gems, their base stats are the same as regular creatures. There’s definitely no debating whether a nether is stronger than its normal counterpart. The real debate here is whether diamonds are viable in comparison to non-diamond nethers. As Kejal experimented, it’s clear that even with the xp help, diamonds are simply not as effective as any other strategy. That’s why I’m hoping some of these ideas might be considered or at least bring some creative thought to how diamonds might be more substantial as an option.

The one thing I could see working is only having 1 nether with max diamonds and lots of pills, while having all other nethers with no diamonds. Of course, that’s going off the assumption that the average levels of the creatures are taken for enemy level consideration (instead of highest level). The average would stay fairly low, so there’s potential there. But that is a whole lot of work for pretty minimal gain.

Actually the enemy team is scaled to each of your creatures, so if you have a party consisting of creatures with these levels: 1, 50, 200, then one of the enemies will scale to your level 1 creature, one will scale to your level 50 creature and the last one will scale to your level 200 creature. Which of your creatures each enemy scales to is random.