Egg drop rates

I want free eggs!

At hyper nether depth 2900+ I got zero eggs after opening about 15 or more chests.
I also haven’t gotten any eggs from about 10 or more sigils.

I only got one egg from a chest at nether depth 200.

Are egg drop rates supposed to be this low?

Update:
None so far with an artifact realm run opening at least 10 chests.
Nor for the chests opened while going 20 nether realms deeper.

If it helps, my creatures are lv10M+ and gen 10M+
The treasure chest rewards appear to be roughly the same if I am in the deep nether realms or the artifact realms.

Version 2.3.1

The egg drop rate was way higher than intended before. They were meant to be really rare surprises, but at high realm levels they were dropping too frequently (as you found out). One other change that was made is that eggs can now contain creatures that aren’t in your bestiary yet.

Ah, okay.
The drop rate does feel like a surprise to the extent that I questioned if they were going to drop at all. Somewhere between every 100-150 chests.

Can I suggest that even the old rate was way too low. I’ve played over 200 hours and had 1 egg drop (maybe - not sure I got it in a drop, but just don’t remember breeding it).

You need to set the drop rate at a fixed, level independent rate - regardless of what other loot is in a chest…

[quote=“rlnonay, post:4, topic:3248”]Can I suggest that even the old rate was way too low. I’ve played over 200 hours and had 1 egg drop (maybe - not sure I got it in a drop, but just don’t remember breeding it).

You need to set the drop rate at a fixed, level independent rate - regardless of what other loot is in a chest…[/quote]

Eggs are extremely rare before mage level 1000 or so. I never saw one before I reached that level, anyways. Then they became a regular thing.

[quote=“rlnonay, post:4, topic:3248”]Can I suggest that even the old rate was way too low. I’ve played over 200 hours and had 1 egg drop (maybe - not sure I got it in a drop, but just don’t remember breeding it).

You need to set the drop rate at a fixed, level independent rate - regardless of what other loot is in a chest…[/quote]

They have a fixed drop rate now. They’re much more common at low levels and much rarer at high levels compared to before.

So, at mage level 180k+ they will be near impossible to get for me now.

Currently, it takes between 50-100 chests for me to get one.

Or, is it based on realm depth?

It’s not based on anything like that anymore, the drop rate is fixed for all levels. You have just as high of a chance to receive an egg than a level 1 player, but your eggs will be much more powerful, of course.

So the reason it was taking so many chests was because I was at my highest realm depth?

So, are eggs more likely to drop at lower realm depths compared to my highest depth? Say realm depth 200 when maximum is 3000.

I’m trying to clarify this statement.

They're much more common at low levels and much rarer at high levels compared to before.

That statement refers to how it worked before from a relative perspective. Before, the chance increased as your realm level increased, which is why some people were finding several eggs per realm and low level players were literally never finding eggs.

Thanks for the clarification.

In summary, regardless of depth or mage level, the drop rate is the same.
Is that correct?

Yes.

Eggcelent!

;D