Game crashed when tryng to display card list

1. Is your issue a bug, or is it a crash?
    Crash
  2. If it’s a crash, please copy and paste the full error message below, or post a screenshot of it. Otherwise, leave this field blank.
    Had to type this out because taking a screenshot closed the crash dialog box.

ERROR in
action number 1
of Draw Event
for object obj_itemmenu:
Unable to find any instance for object index ‘39’ name ‘obj_battlespellbook’
at gml_Object_obj_itemmenu_Draw_64

1. Please describe in as much detail as possible how to reproduce the bug or crash.
    I tried to reproduce it but failed. What I was doing during right before the crash was opening my card menu and possibly choosing the 2nd sort option int he menu. The screen showed a blank card menu with 39 cards collected.
    I have 39 cards.

I was pressing arrow keys when the screen was loading. Don’t know if that had any impact.

1. What operating system are you playing the game on? Windows, Mac OS, Android, iOS, or Playstation? If it’s Playstation, please also state your region (NA or EU).
    Arch Linux

2. What game version are you playing? You can find the version number on the title screen in the lower left corner.

3. Any other details to help us solve the problem, such as what you were doing when the bug/crash occurred, or any hints on how we can reproduce it.
    See 3
    Attached screenshot of the game with the crash dialog. Can see the state at which the game crashed.

You mentioned that this happened while you were pressing the arrow keys just before it opened so that is probably what somehow caused the crash (you must have timed it perfectly - it can only happen during the first frame that the inventory is displayed!). I’ll add a safety check to all the UIs to catch this before it happens. Thank you for taking the time to type out the error! :slight_smile: