Game not Auto-saving

I’ve had multiple instances where I’ve brought out Siralim, played for 5-10 minutes, exited the game, and nothing saved. Last night, I even had one where I explicitly did a save and continue, and the saved progress when I resumed was not to where I saved. Scenarios:

1. Played through the tutorial about halfway, left and returned with no explicit save, game did not recognize a saved game at all and restarted from the beginning of the tutorial.
  2. Played almost all the way through the tutorial, left and returned with no explicit save, game did not recognize a saved game at all and restarted from the beginning of the tutorial.
  1. Played all the way through the tutorial plus a few minutes in the first Realm, saved explicitly and left, game restarted before entering the first Realm.

From the template:

1. BUG

2. See above

3. iOS 8.2, iPhone 6

4. Siralim 2.0.2.

5. Not sure what would be helpful.

When you save your game and return to it later, you will always start in the castle and the realm you were in will disappear. All of your experience, items, and things like that will be saved, though.

The game automatically saves any time you go to a new realm. Aside from that, you should always use the Save & Exit option when you’re done playing. The game will not save automatically if you just exit the game from the iOS multitask bar.

When you save your game and return to it later, you will always start in the castle and the realm you were in will disappear.

Is this a feature in some way that I don’t understand?

Sorry, what do you mean exactly?

Sorry, what do you mean exactly?

I mean that erasing progress through a realm when leaving the game seems like a bug to me (no other game does it that I know of), and I’m just trying to understand if it’s actually a feature of some sort.

Every time you enter a realm, it is randomly generated and isn’t a solid file, but a temporary one that is removed upon closing the game. So, while your items experience and resources that you gain from a realm stay upon saving the game, the realm is merely a random map. Progress isn’t lost.

Juncboks is correct. There’s not really a point in saving the actual realm layout since it changes every time anyway, so wasting storage space on something like that isn’t really necessary. If you go to realm level 3, exit the game, then return to realm level 3, it will be an entirely different dungeon altogether. Realm level affects difficulty and that’s about it. When you exit the game inside a realm, a portal is automatically created for you so you can return to that same realm level when you play again. And later on, you can research an upgrade at the Teleportation Shrine that will allow you to choose your realm level as well.

Ahh, okay. It feels like progress is lost, because whatever items I had collected toward the Duty in the original realm are lost, but I get it that the Duty in the new realm is entirely different anyway.

So, if I want to be able to finish a realm in bite-size chunks (playing for 10-15 minutes at a time), is that possible?

Definitely. You can play the game for 10 minutes or 10 hours and you won’t be negatively impacted either way. :slight_smile:

Well I’ve certainly done it, depending on the duty. I think, when you get the hang of it, you can run through realms 1-3 and it’d take about 10 or so minutes each. At least that’s where I’m at now. When I buff up my artifacts I could probably clear them a little faster

Awesome. Thanks, guys!