Gene Strength Incorrectly Displays as "Other"

On the Creatures > Detailed Stats screen, some of a creature’s gene strength incorrectly shows up in the “Other” category. I’ve posted a screenshot that shows the bug; in this play-through, I have no cards or deity point stat bonuses, and the Doomsday Spectre +2 pictured has just been hatched. As you can see, both of the creature’s bonus points are shown under “Other” when they should be under “Gene”.

If your game crashes, please copy and paste the full error message below, or post a screenshot of it.

Not a crash. Relevant screenshot attached.

Please describe in as much detail as possible how to reproduce the bug or crash.

Open the “Detailed Stats” screen for a creature with nonzero gene strength. Happens always, as far as I know.

What operating system are you playing the game on? Windows, Mac OS, Android, iOS, or Playstation?
If it’s Playstation, please also state your region (NA or EU). If it’s a mobile device, please state the device’s model/brand (such as Nexus 5 or Samsung Galaxy Tab 4).

Steam on Ubuntu Linux 14.04

What game version are you playing? You can find the version number on the title screen in the lower left corner.

Version 1.1.1

The numbers are accurate, they just aren’t in the right category. Clearly we have different interpretations of what that statement means.

It could mean the game doesn’t know why Attack and Intelligence are one point higher than they should be (if it thinks the Gene Strength bonuses are 0 due to rounded numbers) so it adds 1 to the “Other” category.

Does it still happen when you level it up?

Based on my experiences, I think that this is it exactly.

I think the game calculates the final total (far right) separately, and then it also calculates the Gene Strength number but it seems to round the Gene Strength number down to the nearest integer (even though Gene Strength typically gives you fractional points – at least ever since the diminishing returns patch changed the translation from Gene Strength to stats) … Then it subtracts the Base + Gene + Artifact from the Final Answer on the Right Side in order to get Other.

Haven’t specifically tested that. Guess that’s the next thing to do.