Glutinous Slime provoking with Reborn ability

First off, I’d like to know if the enemy is provoking your creatures, is it 100% chance that your creature will ignore your orders and attack that enemy instead?.

I had one case where in a 5 enemy battle, the glutinous slime was provoking my team, and it had the Reborn ability. Every attention was turned onto the slime, while the rest of the 4 attacked us. There’s no way to kill the slime as it kept reviving itself. There was absolutely no chance of winning that.

I really think this needs to be fixed.

Provoke isn’t a perfect chance. It’s something like 75%, though I don’t remember the exact percentage off the top of my head.

There’s no ability called Reborn - you’re probably thinking of the Rebirth buff, which is the one that ressurects a monster on death with a mediocre amount of health. Unless you’re on Randomized Creatures and are already encountering Ancestral Phoenixes (if you are, good luck), the only way to get that buff is off an artifact enchant that has a max 5% chance of activating. That’s extroardinarily unlucky, but weirder things have happened. Alternatively, the Soul Reaper’s Day of the Dead ability has a 50/50 chance to ressurect an allied creature on death, but again, that would require randomized tiers.

There are several ways to win that fight that I can think of immediately, but at the early stage of the game you’d have fought that battle in (considering you don’t yet have the full six creatures) almost none of them are available. Keep doing tier rituals, and look for the following, all of which would win that fight:

• Splash Damage (Harpy Pillager/Ethereal Clutcher/Cinder Devil/Skeletal Mortarsman)
  • Wrath spam (Wrath Ghoul)
  • Death Effect prevention (Bone Reaper)
  • Counter damage (a lot of things)

Sometimes bad luck just strikes, man, but I seriously doubt that battle was unwinnable.

I don’t believe there are any battles that are unwinnable with any team, but it’s entirely possible to get into a battle that’s unwinnable with the team you have. Part of the game is learning from those situations and adjusting your team to have fewer weaknesses.

A combination that took me very far in the early game (and which could have helped you in that battle) is a Brim Smith with a heavy +attack artifact and a Cinder Devil (which gives splash to all surrounding creatures–put him in the center column to buff your whole team).

[quote=“VagrantSun, post:2, topic:1033”]Provoke isn’t a perfect chance. It’s something like 75%, though I don’t remember the exact percentage off the top of my head.

There’s no ability called Reborn - you’re probably thinking of the Rebirth buff, which is the one that ressurects a monster on death with a mediocre amount of health. Unless you’re on Randomized Creatures and are already encountering Ancestral Phoenixes (if you are, good luck), the only way to get that buff is off an artifact enchant that has a max 5% chance of activating. That’s extroardinarily unlucky, but weirder things have happened. Alternatively, the Soul Reaper’s Day of the Dead ability has a 50/50 chance to ressurect an allied creature on death, but again, that would require randomized tiers.

There are several ways to win that fight that I can think of immediately, but at the early stage of the game you’d have fought that battle in (considering you don’t yet have the full six creatures) almost none of them are available. Keep doing tier rituals, and look for the following, all of which would win that fight:

• Splash Damage (Harpy Pillager/Ethereal Clutcher/Cinder Devil/Skeletal Mortarsman)
  • Wrath spam (Wrath Ghoul)
  • Death Effect prevention (Bone Reaper)
  • Counter damage (a lot of things)

Sometimes bad luck just strikes, man, but I seriously doubt that battle was unwinnable.[/quote]

It may not be Reborn but it resurrected itself over and over again with a really high chance. It kept provoking us while attacking my creatures at the same time so I don’t know if this is a bug. And it’s really 100%. Can’t dodge at all.

Not being able to dodge is normal. Only a few creatures have any ability to dodge (the earliest ones are the Springtime Aspect and Crypt Bat, IIRC). Otherwise attacks do hit 100%.

I don’t know what the hell happened because you just described three impossible things at the same time.

• No creature can provoke and attack simultaneously
  • Only the Stronghold has perfect provoke
  • Rez effects are not in any way reliable

What was the rest of the party? Were there a lot of Unicorn Vivifiers? Because they’ll rez allies indefinitely.

[quote=“Tinyboss, post:5, topic:1033”]

Not being able to dodge is normal. Only a few creatures have any ability to dodge (the earliest ones are the Springtime Aspect and Crypt Bat, IIRC). Otherwise attacks do hit 100%.[/quote]

what i meant was it’s hard to dodge the provoking, making your creature attack the provoker.

[quote=“VagrantSun, post:6, topic:1033”]- No creature can provoke and attack simultaneously

• Only the Stronghold has perfect provoke
  • Rez effects are not in any way reliable

What was the rest of the party? Were there a lot of Unicorn Vivifiers? Because they’ll rez allies indefinitely.[/quote]

No Vivifiers were there. I just think the Rebirth ability is bugged.