Granite, precious granite!

Hi.

I have a problem, and it’s that I never have enough granite. Do you have any tips or tricks for acquiring more granite? Maybe there’s something I missed? Or is grinding the realms simply the way to go?

If I can make a humble suggestion despite my newness to the game; it seems like I always have A LOT of every other resource and very little granite. Like by now I can have three or four rituals running parallel yet I can never afford more than one anyway. What if, for example, enchanting artifacts didn’t cost granite, and perhaps a little more of the other resources instead? It seems like granite currently is involved in almost every castle feature while you only recieve about as much as the other recources. Well, just a thought. Maybe all of this will seem different when I’ve completed more of the advanced rooms in the castle.

Cheers
/Bionic

You might want to try getting some +granite bonus effects on your artifacts. Aside from that, you can also try buying some Alteration: Death scrolls from Bynine - granite nodes spawn in the Death Realm.

To answer your question though, it’s intended that you can’t get all the upgrades immediately. Toward the start of the game, you’ll only have enough for the bare essentials and will have to make choices based on what will benefit you the most at first. As you progress more, you’ll probably end up having way more granite than you need.

As Zack (all hail!) said: Death seems to be the go-to place for Granite. Although the Dungeon realm tends to net you with a very decent amount too, just look for the skeletons on the ground. The Dungeon realm also seems to be the less hostile of the two, as you don’t have to deal with the provoke-penalties and respawning creatures.

Granite tends to be quite the pain in the rungen in the early-mid game, I openly admit to that. Seeing how your artifacts and rituals demand it as a resource, can’t remember about enchantments. But it does become somewhat trivial in the late game as you’ll be running out of things to spend it on by then. Personally I think it’s nice to have something that you actually care about your resources for once, but I can see why it can be frustrating. You want those rituals -pronto- after all. :stuck_out_tongue: