Greenlight Screenshots (1-5)

I’m getting ready to launch a Stream Greenlight campaign for Siralim 2, and today I took some screenshots for it. I’ve decided to post a few of them here.

The new art, of course, looks great!

I could be wrong but I really don’t think you need to set up a Greenlight campaign for the new game (it’s even a sequel!) while you have already made a successful Early Access game. I don’t know what you should do since I don’t know how Steam really works, but I’ve seen reports that Greenlight is mainly for starter titles. It would be dumb and time-consuming to go through that again. You’re pretty much installed on Steam, now. :wink:

Lovely screenies loving the new art style!

Before Greenlight existed, publishers were given permission to submit as many games as they wanted if they were originally approved by Valve. Now, unfortunately, you have to submit each game to Greenlight to get them approved individually. It’s kind of annoying, but it’ll also expose the game to new people.

But what happens for AAA titles or really acclaimed indie titles (like The Binding of Isaacor more recently The Witness)? They don’t go through Greenlight. And since you have more than 100 (positive!) reviews on the first game, I find it hard to believe that you really have to go through that whole process again.

A lot of companies like Square Enix, Ubisoft, and even the Binding of Isaac guys were approved before Greenlight existed, so they retained the rights to publish games at will. If I had to guess, you can still get these rights if your game is ultra successful such as with Five Nights at Freddy’s.

I just contacted Valve to double check for Siralim, so we’ll see what they say!

This will be interesting to hear indeed.

[quote=“Zack, post:6, topic:1203”]A lot of companies like Square Enix, Ubisoft, and even the Binding of Isaac guys were approved before Greenlight existed, so they retained the rights to publish games at will. If I had to guess, you can still get these rights if your game is ultra successful such as with Five Nights at Freddy’s.

I just contacted Valve to double check for Siralim, so we’ll see what they say![/quote]

Oh, I see. I’m also looking forward to what they say!

Just heard back from them, and a new Greenlight campaign is necessary for each game.

Probably for the better like you said. Front page feature for new releases is so brief and easily drowned out, at least Greenlight provides some extra visibility before launch.

Does this mean the game is nearly completed or that you have a release date in mind?

Hmm, strange, especially since Greenlight is more like a holey net than a quality-controlled green light. :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, I just noticed on the first screenshot in this thread that it says “Enemies Killed (0/4).” That means that you must kill four enemies in order to complete this Duty, but the default party composition is made of six enemies, so it’s already overflowing with one party of enemies. Will that change in the sequel or you just meant to say “Enemy Packs” like in the original?

Edit. Spelling mistake.

@lioness: Still no release date in mind, but it’s coming along at a very nice pace! It’s becoming more difficult to estimate a release date since some things are taking way longer than expected to implement (spells and abilities are extremely tedious to code), while other things are easier to implement than I thought (the breeding system).

@Lethrblaka: It still refers to enemy packs, not individual enemies.