Greenlight Screenshots (6-10)

Here are 5 more screenshots for the Greenlight campaign! These are the last of the Greenlight screenshots, but I’m also working on the Siralim 2 website and there will be a lot more to share soon.

This is a pretty minor question, but are the fonts still toggleable in Siralim 2? While I generally used the smooth font, I still liked how the retro font looked on occasion. It’s not that big of a deal if it was cut, though.

Also, one of the screenshots showing a Spell Gem says “Damaged” increased by 63%, instead of “Damage”. Unless they’ve already been submitted, it might help to fix the typo.

Still really excited for the game - it looks great, while still being familiar coming from the first.

Edit: Oh yeah, one extra question. I’m not sure if the balance is formulated out fir this yet, but as unconditional “move first” effects like the topaz paragon aren’t going to be in Siralim 2, how is the intended way to tackle turn order when in high level content, where enemies can go first and wipe your team out before you get a move? Will there be abilities that interact with speed, or is it more that you will be expected to have the defensive stats to actually survive to take actions?

There won’t be a retro font option in Siralim 2. The font we were using was a lot larger than the smooth font, and caused some text to bleed off the side of the screen. It also made new UI design a lot more difficult since it was hard to fit everything into a small area. On a semi-related note, there are some pretty nice new options including full volume control for music and sound effects independently.

Thanks for catching that typo - that definitely needs to be fixed! Can’t believe I never noticed that after testing the spell systems for so long already!

Edit: Screenshot is fixed now.

[quote=“Zack, post:3, topic:1204”]There won’t be a retro font option in Siralim 2. The font we were using was a lot larger than the smooth font, and caused some text to bleed off the side of the screen. It also made new UI design a lot more difficult since it was hard to fit everything into a small area. On a semi-related note, there are some pretty nice new options including full volume control for music and sound effects independently.

Thanks for catching that typo - that definitely needs to be fixed! Can’t believe I never noticed that after testing the spell systems for so long already![/quote]

No problem. It seemed like most users were using the smooth font in the original game, anyway, so it makes sense to design around it.

There are a few abilities that manipulate the Action Queue which can help with that, but none that guarantee all your creatures will be able to take the first turn. This game will be a lot more stat-driven than Siralim 1, but there are also a few new subtle battle mechanics such as critical strikes and dodging/missing. For these reasons, Speed and Defense are a lot more important than they were in the first game.

Realm scaling is also entirely different - enemies no longer scale to your level; instead, enemy level is determined by realm level. Realm level 1 will always have level 1 enemies, realm level 2 will always have level 3 enemies, etc. With this system in place, I expect most players to be fighting enemies that are evenly matched to them, making each battle feel more fair and satisfying.

I’m sure you’ve answered this somewhere but I can’t find it and just wanted to check; will mana restore at the end of every battle like health does?

Yes, that’s the plan for now at least :slight_smile:

Hmm, I wonder what is this “repair box” you can see at the bottom of the second screenshot. Any info available on that, Zack? :stuck_out_tongue: