Half exp for highest level creature(s)

I just recently started playing again in anticipation of the new content coming out soon and there is an issue I reported on the Steam forums a few months ago that still seems to exist. I’m not sure if it was overlooked or is just strange intended behavior, but you highest level creature(s) receive half of the experience as the rest of your team. This is made worse if you have a team of creatures of equal level as they will all receive the smaller amount of experience. I’ve attached a couple of screenshots of this happening, in the first my Ent is only 2 levels higher but receives 22k exp instead of 45k the rest of the team gets, and in the second my team are all the same level and only receive 22k exp each.

The lower level creatures receive “catch up” exp so that they will eventually be equal level to your highest level creatures.

EDIT
So, 22k is the base exp each creature gets.

[quote=“bluequakeralex, post:2, topic:2945”]The lower level creatures receive “catch up” exp so that they will eventually be equal level to your highest level creatures.

EDIT
So, 22k is the base exp each creature gets.[/quote]

Correct - so in other words, your highest level creature isn’t actually being penalized; your lower level creatures are just receiving a bonus.

Alright so it is just slightly odd intended behavior. The only reason it concerned me is that I feel like I have to keep 1 creature much higher level than the rest of them in order to maximize experience gains, rather than having a team of equal level creatures. When I swapped to a much higher level Glade Watcher I am able to always get the double experience for the other creatures and it even seemed to boost the base level of experience I received.

This is really weird to me - I had always assumed the experience was based on some relationship between the level of the enemies and the level of your creatures, not your creatures compared to each other. Given that breeding and GS brings your level back down, this would lead to some counter intuitive strategies where one of your creatures is just there as a level placeholder to make sure you get the most possible exp

i think its pretty good, to make sure you leave one high lvl creature in your stable as a “leveler” and only take it out when you need to level up your newly breds
but unfortunatly, as anything in this game, it can be exploited

You don’t get the bonus from having it in your stable, you get it from having it in your party. And since your GS creatures’ levels keep resetting, they will never catch up to your leveler creature. That’s why it leads to weird gameplay. You end up having to keep a non-GS creature in your party, just to get double EXP on all your other creatures.

that’s what i meant , get a creature that specificly levels up fast and put it in your stable , and when you need to level up new-breds just put it in your party