Happy New Year! 2014 Retrospective

Siralim was released in the latter half of 2014 and was met with far warmer reception than I ever thought possible. Despite a few minor setbacks, the game launched smoothly and we quickly began implementing fixes for bugs, updating graphics, and implementing suggestions from the community. In total, we released over 30 updates to the game in just 5 short months. If you compare the state of Siralim now to when it was first released, it’s hard to argue that it hasn’t transformed into a far superior game.

Development started with only three people - a programmer, an artist, and a music composer. Since then, we’ve shuffled new members in and out of the team and, at long last, we have a stable group of 6 people from all around the world who are passionate about Siralim’s future. With this stability comes greater efficiency in releasing new content for players to enjoy, and I cannot wait to show everyone what we have in store for 2015.

I cannot thank everyone enough for their support this year. Your suggestions, feedback, and kind words are the driving force behind this game’s future and I am confident that Siralim will continue to exceed your expectations. Thanks to everyone at TouchArcade, Appszoom, Super Game Droid, PocketTactics, /r/AndroidGaming, /r/roguelikes, Aeolian Games, and everyone in our community who has been so supportive of this game’s development over the last several months. And special thanks to Tim Bongiovanni of Northgate Productions for creating a soundtrack spectacular enough to rival that of a AAA company!

Here are just a few things you can expect to see in the coming months:

• A full overhaul of the user interface. This update is complete and is being tested by myself and members of the community right now. I expect it to be released within a week.
  • A complete overhaul of all the graphics. Our goal is to maintain the same retro feeling you’ve grown to expect from Siralim, except with more polish and diversity.
  • Over 100 new creatures will be added to the game. Their abilities have already been designed and I can say with full confidence that these are some of the most interesting creatures Siralim has ever seen - both from an aesthetic and mechanical perspective.
  • A revamp of the spell system. I already know the exact direction I want to take with this and it’s going to make the game much more interesting.
  • More ways to customize your character, including a skill points system.
  • Linux support.
  • New quests, new events, new castle upgrades, new online features, and many other things that I’m not quite ready to announce yet.

After the graphics overhaul is released, we’re going to start over with a fresh Steam Greenlight campaign. We’re currently sitting at rank 4 on the list of Steam Greenlight games but for whatever reason we’re being overlooked. Our plan is to make a brand new campaign and show Valve that Siralim is not to be ignored.

Have a safe and happy New Year, everyone!

Zack