Happy New Year! 2015 Retrospective

I hope everyone is having an outstanding holiday season as we approach 2016!

What an awesome year this was for Siralim! We released 14 major patches, one of which included over 100 new creatures, all-new graphics, and several new core game systems to give players new things to do. We also launched the game on Windows Phone, Amazon Fire products, and most importantly, Steam! We’re incredibly proud of the way the game turned out, and we also learned a lot from our mistakes as well.

I want to thank you all for playing Siralim, talking about it, suggesting new ideas, reporting bugs, and helping other players learn the game. When I first started developing Siralim in 2013, I never imagined that we’d grow such a healthy and supportive community like we have today. Thank you all for your support! There’s no way we’d still be able to make games if it weren’t for you. It’s a genuine privilege to be able to continue doing this for a living and I’m very grateful for all the progress we’ve made so far.

I also want to thank the people who contributed to Siralim directly:

Tim Bongiovanni - Tim is the mastermind behind Siralim’s awesome soundtrack. We’re very happy that Tim will continue to contribute music to Siralim 2 in addition to hundreds of custom sound effects. If you’re a developer looking for a highly-professional solution for your audio needs, check out Tim’s company: Northgate Productions.

Andreas Propost - Andi’s primary responsibility is to draw creature battle sprites, along with overworld sprites for both creatures and NPCs. You haven’t gotten a chance to see his work on the NPCs yet, but you will very soon! In total, Andi has drawn over 540 creatures for us. That’s a lot of work for one person, yet the quality of his work never dwindled and he remained enthusiastic through the whole process. Andi also contributes other miscellaneous assets such as the awesome Steam backgrounds you can unlock by playing the game.

Maarten Boot - Maarten is the most recent contributor to our games. While he didn’t work on Siralim 1, he’s already finished his work for Siralim 2 and everything looks absolutely amazing. Maarten created the graphics for all 7 new realm environments, all 15 god altars, and a bunch of other miscellaneous graphics. We look forward to seeing more of Maarten’s work in our future games as well.

[hr]

Now let’s get to the fun stuff! Here’s our tentative plan for 2016:

• We’re going to release one more patch for Siralim. It’ll include a ton of quality of life improvements and bug fixes, but most importantly, it will include all-new NPC and player graphics. We’ll also unlock the Steampowered Pilwiz and Pumking. These were previously seasonal creatures, but we’re going to make it so you can obtain them year-round.

• Siralim is still coming to Playstation 4 and PS Vita! I know there have been a few delays so far and I am very sorry for that. We are now very confident that we’ll be able to release Siralim on these platforms on February 9, 2016 in North America. We’re also working on releasing the game on Playstation in Europe, too. We don’t have an official release date for that yet, but we’re shooting for February 9 to coincide with the North American release.

• We’re working on creating some Siralim merchandise! Right now, we’re looking into selling t-shirts, smartphone cases, and a few other things. The dream would be for us to be able to sell these products that display any creature you want, but as you might imagine, this is a pretty significant undertaking so we’re not quite sure how it’ll work out yet.

• We hope to launch a test version of Siralim 2 by the end of Q1 2016. I think we’ll probably utilize Steam Early Access this time, but it’s important to note that the game will be content-complete even in Early Access. We only want to use EA to help balance the game, fix bugs, and address any major gameplay issues. I do not expect the EA period to last more than a couple months. After that, we’ll also release the game on iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Playstation 4, PS Vita, and Xbox One. Of course, before any of this happens, we’ll need to pass through Steam Greenlight once again, so get ready to vote soon!

There are plenty of other surprises in the works, so keep a look out for more news. Once again, thank you all for your support, and have a very Happy New Year!

Zack