Help! Testing Siralim 2 patch 0.4.0

Patch 0.4.0 is ready, but I’m not 100% comfortable releasing it to everyone yet. I’ve tested everything extensively and it all seems to be working, but the patch includes a major change to the way the game saves/loads your save files, and I don’t want anyone to lose their progress.

Therefore, if you’d like to help me test patch 0.4.0, it’s now on our “test” branch on Steam.

Step 1) Make a backup of your save files. You’ll find them in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Siralim2\save. The most important files end in “.sav”.

Step 2) In your Steam library, right-click Siralim 2, click ‘Properties’, then ‘Betas’. In the dropdown box, select ‘test - don’t use this!’.

Step 3) You’ll download patch 0.4.0.

Step 4) You don’t have to do anything in particular to test the patch - I just want to make sure it doesn’t corrupt anyone’s save files. Play your save file as normal, and please post here if you run into any crashes or saving/loading issues. Please do not make a separate topic for issues with this patch.

Please post here to let me know if you’ve played the patch for an hour or so. That way, I’ll know how many people tested the patch.

Tentative patch notes are as follows:

• Added item filtering/sorting for all types of items. You can toggle sorting by choosing ‘Items’ from the menu, then choose ‘Toggle Sorting: On/Off’. Note: sigils do not have any filters because the sigil system will be overhauled soon anyway.
  • You can now ‘Lock’ and ‘Unlock’ Spell Gems. If you lock a Spell Gem, you cannot transmute it.
  • Added a new option to the Arcane Vault: Mass Transmute. This option allows you to transmute all your unlocked Spell Gems at the same time.
  • Added a new stable group option that allows you to rename your groups.
  • Added a new stable group option that allows you to assign your current creatures to a stable group, rather than swapping them with the target group.
  • Added an NPC to the tavern that only appears if you have 100 or more sigils in your inventory. The NPC will mass destroy your sigils if you want to get rid of them.
  • You can now set your creatures’ strategies to ‘Extract’.
  • The battle command selection menu now remembers your creatures’ last actions no matter what they were, including fleeing and extracting.
  • Objects that are only used for quests and otherwise do nothing will now only appear on the map if the player has the object’s respective quest.
  • Increased the favor gained in Refuge of the Magi and Eternity’s End to balance them with other realms.
  • The ‘Braze’ trait has a new rule: ‘If Braze is on this creature’s artifact, its innate trait is granted instead.’
  • You will no longer receive a message that says you gained power balance after battle if you’re already at maximum power balance.
  • The ‘Lust’ and ‘Spelltap’ traits now only grant spell gems at the start of battle.
  • Fixed a bug that sometimes caused oases in The Barrens to not give players any rewards.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented traits from the ‘Priest’ race from being able to activate at the same time.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented some combinations of creatures from appearing on the breeding menu.
  • Fixed a bug that caused Tartarith to give players the wrong rune when purchasing the Xil Rune.
  • Fixed a bug with the ‘Guiding Light’ perk that caused it to activate at the wrong time.
  • Fixed a bug with the ‘Eye of the Storm’ trait that prevented it from working properly.
  • Fixed a few issues that could cause players to receive duplicate breeding recipes.
  • Fixed a bug that caused certain debuff immunity effects to also apply to buffs.
  • Fixed a freeze related to the ‘Spelltap’ trait.
  • Fixed a crash related to the ‘Snuff’ trait.
  • Fixed a bug that caused creatures to display the wrong overworld sprite after transforming due to the ‘Starvation’ punishment.
  • Fixed a bug that allowed players to gain immunity to certain debuffs even in story boss battles.
  • Fixed a bug that caused far more items to drop from certain sources than intended.
  • Fixed a bug that caused spells on/when hit to activate from all kinds of different effects other than attacking.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the incorrect icons to appear in the Compendium of Sigils at the library.
  • Fixed several crashes that could occur in the castle, particularly early on in the game.
  • Fixed a stack overflow error that would occur when your save file exceeded 1 MB in size.

Played since u make topic

1. braze tested - ok
  2. eye of storm - ok
  3. no crushes or errors (most farm sigils) - ok

Will play more after dinner break

Tested, i played, saved, went to some Realms, saved, went out, played again, saved, out… Seems fine, and i only noticed something with a Juggernaut Minotaur : i needed about 30 turns to kill it, he was Dying, Vulnerable, Bleed, Poison, Scorn… but everytime it has a Barrier absorbing all damage. I actually don’t even know how i killed it at the end.

Testing and reporting as usual 8)

Braze is not working as intended on nethers. I put it on my nether who has chasity, and secret ingredient. The two creatures next to it are getting chastity but not secret ingredient. So I assume on nethers it only transfers the first trait which makes sense. But it still also has the old braze ability where it passes braze to the creatures next to it.

Creature lineup:
ABCDEF, creature D is my nether with chastity and secret ingredient and has an artifact with braze equipped. (my nether only has 2 traits)

Creature C is getting the braze ability effect where whatever equipment trait is being passes as well. I have tested with both rampart and kindness and cloud connected. Creature C is passing rampart/cloud connected/kindness to creature F and creature B as if he has the braze itself. This is making absurd stat gains and probably not intended.

I’ve also tested this with non-nether creatures only a little and it appears to be working as intended for non-nethers.

Thanks for testing, guys! I’ve fixed the Pandemonium Token crash that Bloodist found, fixed an issue with the Minotaur Juggernaut’s trait that Tchey found, and Braze no longer works (for now) on nether creatures if it’s on the creature’s artifact.

Be sure to switch your beta channel back to the normal one so that you can get the latest version: 0.4.1.