It’s time to test patch 0.9.3, which is now available on our “test” branch on Steam! Please read this entire post before playing - some of the information is extremely important.
Let’s get started!
Step 1) Make a backup of your save files. You’ll find them in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Siralim2\save. The most important files end in “.sav”.
Step 2) In your Steam library, right-click Siralim 2, click ‘Properties’, then ‘Betas’. In the dropdown box, select ‘test - don’t use this!’.
Step 3) You’ll download patch 0.9.3.
Step 4) Play the game as usual. Please keep an eye on the numbers in battle to make sure everything is being calculated correctly. If you suddenly notice that your creatures are dealing way too much/little damage, that’s a problem, so please let me know! Please do not make a separate topic for issues with this patch.
Please post here to let me know if you’ve played the patch for an hour or so. That way, I’ll know how many people tested the patch.
- Implemented large numbers for the entire game to prevent numbers from rolling over to negative values when they exceed 2 billion. This change affects a massive amount of the game’s code, so please keep an eye out for any bugs!
- Nether Demon items have been removed from the Nether Goblet. In addition, all references to Nether Demons have been removed from the game since they don’t really do anything right now anyway. They will return in a much different form in a free content expansion. Your current Nether Demons and related items will be unaffected by this change.
- While inspecting creatures with multiple traits in battle, you can now press the E button to cycle through these traits.
- At the loading screen (where you choose your save file), the game will now remember the last save slot you chose and scroll to it automatically.
- Turbo Mode now also works on messages from sigils, such as when a creature can’t defend, attack, etc.
- Objects such as nomad tents and imp huts can now be walked through after you’ve used them.
- Floating battle text is now displayed in a more sensible order for certain traits, such as Flay and Pyre.
- The ‘Lone Wolf’ perk now calculates the number of missing creatures in your party based on a maximum of 3 creatures while the ‘Nostalgia’ punishment is active.
- The materials transmutation interface will now correctly update your materials list after each transmutation.
- The ‘Hybridization’ perk now works with the ‘Adaptation’ perk.
- Swapped the Twisted Devil’s trait with the Stone Devil’s trait since it makes more sense that way.
- Fixed a few display bugs related to artifact property comparison when equipping/swapping artifacts.
- Fixed a bug that caused stats gained from Gene Strength to be calculated incorrectly in the detailed stats sheet for your creatures.
- Fixed a bug that caused the ‘Lone Wolf’ perk’s debuff immunity to sometimes not activate properly.
- Fixed another bug that could cause creatures to be able to take a turn while dead.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when viewing stable groups with a Nether Creature in the party.
- Fixed a bug that caused the ‘Graft’ perk to not grant enough Health.
- Fixed a bug with the ‘Hymn of the Dead’ perk that allowed it to extract creatures it shouldn’t be able to, such as War Golems.
- Fixed a bug that caused the wrong god of your current realm to be highlighted in the gods menu.
- Fixed a bug that caused players to receive Power Balance from battles even if they already had the maximum amount.
- Fixed a bug that allowed certain enemies to spawn in sigils, such as Treasure Golems or Thylacines.
- Fixed a bug that caused the ‘Pus and Pox’ trait to also debuff your own creatures.
- Fixed a bug that caused the ‘Boon to Bane’ trait to affect allies instead of enemies.
- Fixed a bug that caused the ‘Hugs and Kisses’ trait to grant a buff to all allies each turn instead of just the current creature.
- Fixed a bug that caused the ‘Stank’ trait to barely work at all.
- Fixed a bug that caused the ‘Shadow Hook’ trait to barely work at all.
- Fixed a bug that caused the ‘Impunity’ trait to barely work at all.
- Fixed a bug that caused the ‘Diabolic Protection’ trait to barely work at all.
- Fixed a bug that caused the ‘Reign of Pain’ trait to barely work at all.