I love the game. Been playing quite a bit. Character and one set of creatures in the upper 40's. I have some questions that have kept me from making decisions and I was wondering if you all would answer a few.
[b]I'll give it a go.[/b]
1) artifact enchanting/reforging. I've done a little of this. But I feel like it's largely wasted because the primary stats seemingly scale with character level. So, I end up using resources to enchant/reforge an artifact that has underwhelming primary stats. Should I be waiting until the turnover rate is lower?
[b]Artifact forging is the best way to optimize your creature, especially later in the game. I personally bypassed it early due to dropped artifacts being sufficient and lack of enchanting materials. Later on Enchanting takes a much larger role.[/b]
2) is there a max level for characters/creatures? If so, is it easily-attained?
[b]There is no level cap to speak of, at least obtainable. Not for character, realm or creatures.
For example, im currently lvl 3741, highest creature is 4840 and my realm depth is currently 741.
3) what abilities is it safe to put 10+ royalty ranks into? I'm a life mage...and I have 10 ranks of spoils of war and enough into holy defiance to hit 49%.
[b]Royalty points are harder to get earlygame. Investing in all the loot and resource boosts in the character tab is generally seen as the best way of getting going, so max those out.
4) nether creatures. I understand they take a lot of time and resources to complete. Are they worth completing with a) run of the mill creatures or b) run of the mill orbs? For instance, I have a brim smith and a stronghold. I also just found a white nether orb with 6 activations and 20 gem slots. Is it worth going forward with the process? If not, what creatures are the favorites to nether? What is the threshold for when an orb is worth using?
[b]Depends on how picky you are. 20 gem / 5 activation nethers are rather strong, however they are many times weaker than you can go for with a higher end orb, preferably an imbued one(those are super rare). Theres a thread [url=https://forums.thylacinestudios.com/t/856]here[/url] that might help you get some more insight. Generally, focus on same color orbs.[/b]
5) a catch-all. I understand some mistakes just need to be made and are part of the learning curve. But I don't want to make any of those BIG mistakes. I don't want to waste incredibly rare opportunities, you know? So, under that heading, what advice would you give?
Level your gems to 10 before using them. Even if it means it takes a lot longer to get that juicy nether, it’s so much stronger.
Demon Dust, while rare, is no garantuee for a nether demon(stronger version of a nether). Use them only on good orbs and highleveled gems!
The pocket Dumpling is rather good to have.
For any other questions you might have, I patrol the shoutbox, located at the top of the main forum page, daily during the day / evening CET.