Hi...just a few questions from a new player...

I love the game. Been playing quite a bit. Character and one set of creatures in the upper 40’s. I have some questions that have kept me from making decisions and I was wondering if you all would answer a few.

1. artifact enchanting/reforging. I’ve done a little of this. But I feel like it’s largely wasted because the primary stats seemingly scale with character level. So, I end up using resources to enchant/reforge an artifact that has underwhelming primary stats. Should I be waiting until the turnover rate is lower?

2. is there a max level for characters/creatures? If so, is it easily-attained?

3. what abilities is it safe to put 10+ royalty ranks into? I’m a life mage…and I have 10 ranks of spoils of war and enough into holy defiance to hit 49%.

4. nether creatures. I understand they take a lot of time and resources to complete. Are they worth completing with a) run of the mill creatures or b) run of the mill orbs? For instance, I have a brim smith and a stronghold. I also just found a white nether orb with 6 activations and 20 gem slots. Is it worth going forward with the process? If not, what creatures are the favorites to nether? What is the threshold for when an orb is worth using?

5. a catch-all. I understand some mistakes just need to be made and are part of the learning curve. But I don’t want to make any of those BIG mistakes. I don’t want to waste incredibly rare opportunities, you know? So, under that heading, what advice would you give?

I love the game. Been playing quite a bit. Character and one set of creatures in the upper 40's. I have some questions that have kept me from making decisions and I was wondering if you all would answer a few.
[b]I'll give it a go.[/b]
1) artifact enchanting/reforging. I've done a little of this. But I feel like it's largely wasted because the primary stats seemingly scale with character level. So, I end up using resources to enchant/reforge an artifact that has underwhelming primary stats. Should I be waiting until the turnover rate is lower?
[b]Artifact forging is the best way to optimize your creature, especially later in the game. I personally bypassed it early due to dropped artifacts being sufficient and lack of enchanting materials. Later on Enchanting takes a much larger role.[/b]
2) is there a max level for characters/creatures? If so, is it easily-attained?
[b]There is no level cap to speak of, at least obtainable. Not for character, realm or creatures. For example, im currently lvl 3741, highest creature is 4840 and my realm depth is currently 741. [/b]
3) what abilities is it safe to put 10+ royalty ranks into? I'm a life mage...and I have 10 ranks of spoils of war and enough into holy defiance to hit 49%.
[b]Royalty points are harder to get earlygame. Investing in all the loot and resource boosts in the character tab is generally seen as the best way of getting going, so max those out. [/b]
4) nether creatures. I understand they take a lot of time and resources to complete. Are they worth completing with a) run of the mill creatures or b) run of the mill orbs? For instance, I have a brim smith and a stronghold. I also just found a white nether orb with 6 activations and 20 gem slots. Is it worth going forward with the process? If not, what creatures are the favorites to nether? What is the threshold for when an orb is worth using?
[b]Depends on how picky you are. 20 gem / 5 activation nethers are rather strong, however they are many times weaker than you can go for with a higher end orb, preferably an imbued one(those are super rare). Theres a thread [url=https://forums.thylacinestudios.com/t/856]here[/url] that might help you get some more insight. Generally, focus on same color orbs.[/b]
5) a catch-all. I understand some mistakes just need to be made and are part of the learning curve. But I don't want to make any of those BIG mistakes. I don't want to waste incredibly rare opportunities, you know? So, under that heading, what advice would you give?

Level your gems to 10 before using them. Even if it means it takes a lot longer to get that juicy nether, it’s so much stronger.
Demon Dust, while rare, is no garantuee for a nether demon(stronger version of a nether). Use them only on good orbs and highleveled gems!
The pocket Dumpling is rather good to have.

For any other questions you might have, I patrol the shoutbox, located at the top of the main forum page, daily during the day / evening CET.

Thanks for the info. What about legendary enchants? At what point is an artifact worthy?

Any time you find an enchant you want to use, basically.

As the artifacts are constantly outdated its almost impossible to keep the stats on them completely up to date. Its better to just get the advantage of that legendary enchant so that you can push forwards and get more of them.

For legendary enchants, I always create an artifact and put that on first thing. That way if you did want to disenchant other things, it would be the last one to be disenchanted. Though, it seemed like good planning, but I never really used that concept, either. Still, if you get a legendary enchant you really want, I’d just forge a new item and put it right on there so it’s as customized as you want.

Each level adds a static amount to the range of your enchantment magnitudes, so early on switching artifacts will be a big thing. Later on you’ll have 2-3k of a stat on your artifacts and you won’t care at all about getting new ones because the additional level will only give you a shot at maybe five more.

The worthiness of a legendary enchant depends heavily on how quickly it’s going to help you. You generally want your first ones to be hard boosts that you don’t have to design strategies around, because you don’t have the resources to do that yet.

Thanks for all the advice. I went ahead and put two legendary enchants on. One was the Styx…which is incredible. But its use might not be maximized as I’m playing stronghold in my current party (but, then again, maybe it is…what do I really know?). But I also added the enchant that gives splash to all surrounding creatures. Aaaaaaand the game is different. That thing makes me twice as effective, if not more.

I should be able to push forward to deeper levels pretty easily based only on it.

Styx is good on a lot of teams, but doesn’t really hit its stride until very late game, because it works best with healing and one of the first creatures you unlock is the Swampwalker (which reverses healing into damage); until it fades into the crowd and becomes less common, healing is very risky.

Example: once you unlock the Dragon Queen, for example (when struck, it gains 25% Luck and takes the next turn) you can enchant its artifact with Mend (which is not, in fact, legendary) and a legendary enchant of your choice, preferably Reroute to Remain or Mirror’s Truth, both of which deal damage to attacker’s based on the user’s Luck.

Combined with Styx Cry, this results in a monster that, when hit, takes only one damage, immediately punches back for good damage, improves its damage output by 25%, regenerates back to full health, and then gets a free turn. I would suggest Provoking for maximum trollface.

Endgame, if you’re running an Attack build, you’re probably either using Cinder Devil, Fallen Carnage, or Skeletal Mortarsman, which are the best sources of group damage in the game. The splash enchant you mentioned, Little Piece of Hell, comes from the Cinder.