I have a question for the devs...

Does anybody on the team play MOBAs?

No, serious question.

I just had “Finger of Death” (http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Finger_of_Death#Finger_of_Death) casted on one of my creatures, and the biggest damage dealer on my team is riding a cat, hitting people with bouncing glaives (http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Moon_Glaive#Moon_Glaive). >.>

THESE ARE ONLY TWO OF A DISTURBING SERIES OF EVENTS LEADING ME TO THIS CONCLUSION.

pls respond.

the fate of the world depends on your answer! >:O

Finger of Death is actually a pretty common spell name in fantasy lore :slight_smile:

Hunters were very largely inspired by the Huntress unit from Warcraft III. That’s one of my favorite games, so you’ll likely see a few WC3 references throughout Siralim. I tried to keep it pretty subtle though since I hate when games try to throw references in your face at every turn.

:3 That makes sense then! :slight_smile:

And yeah, I’ve heard Finger of Death around a few places. And the original DOTA was basically a mod for WC3, so I’m guessing Huntress was also the inspiration for Luna, one of the units whose pages I linked to. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

:slight_smile: I love the mood/style/creativity of the game, so definitely not hatin’ on your originality~!

Blizzard staff is pretty roboust in borrowing concepts from other (often tolkien inspired) games and books so while a lot of the Warcraft universe is original it also feels like one giant easter egg (wow quests reference everything from i dream of genie to pokemon)

It really helps to make the player feel more at home i would guess.

:smiley: And don’t forget the internet memes.

Internet memes? Now I kinda want a trollface minion in Siralim. ;D

On another, and slightly less silly note on my part: I’d really, really, really like to see a Magic Missile spell. It’s always been my favorite spell in DnD and I just can’t see how I could possibly attack the darkness without it.

I’ll see what I can do :slight_smile: