Is there a possibility of breeding revamp?

[This is just, like, my opinion, man, and it has to do with a fundamental choice of the game, so feel free to disagree with me.]

Breeding has been disappointing to me so far as someone who was a huge fan of the DWM series. While I understand why the limitations are there, it takes away the entirety of the experimentation aspect of it, and the feeling of taking the time and levels you put into one monster, breeding it into a new one, and keeping your progress with a brand new one.

So far, the only reason I can find to breed monsters I don’t plan on immediately using are just to unlock them. There’s no reason to breed more than 1 of 95% of the monsters, even ones that are useful materials, just because it’s way less expensive just to extract new cores (I guess this can easily change later in the game). You can experiment with new teams, of course, but because the way the game scales it rewards you way more for just keeping high level monsters, and also it’s extremely expensive (10k+ brimstone/crystal for just the new monsters, plus brand new artifacts with specific traits if you need them).

Plus, to get big +X numbers, you can just breed your current monster with literally anything, and not have to worry about the outcome.

I don’t think switching to DWM’s system completely is the answer (or even a good idea) but I would like some changes so that:

1. breeding has a purpose other than just collection.
  2. breeding maintains more continuity between parents and child.
  3. breeding requires some amount of strategy with some goals.
  4. there’s some kind of surprise or experimentation to breeding.

Of course maybe most people like breeding as is. I dunno.

You need to read up on breeding. The +numbers are how much extra base stats it has (which changes growth as well), but to get the + in the RIGHT stats you need to breed for it

Breeding 2 high int monsters will give you a child with higher base int than just randomly breeding. SO it very much matters what and how you breed.

[quote=“random_rolle, post:2, topic:1700”]You need to read up on breeding. The +numbers are how much extra base stats it has (which changes growth as well), but to get the + in the RIGHT stats you need to breed for it

Breeding 2 high int monsters will give you a child with higher base int than just randomly breeding. SO it very much matters what and how you breed.[/quote]

That’s not exactly what I meant. “Literally anything” is an exaggeration; in your example, you can replace it with “literally anything with high int” (this is also an exaggeration, but hopefully the point is there). It still doesn’t take much thought to just pick the best stats on whatever you can summon easily, and breed with 1000 copies of that.

What I’ve found most effective is simply breeding the creature with itself, since it usually has the desired stat inherently.

The only time I don’t do this is if I want Int on say… a Berserker Fiend (which has low int).

But usually my focus is Speed, then a decision on Int vs Attack or Defense. Locate a an appropriate creature, level it up, and repeat to gain more stats via breeding to my team.