Is there any way to save my save file?

If your game crashes, please copy and paste the full error message below, or post a screenshot of it.

(See attachments)

Please describe in as much detail as possible how to reproduce the bug or crash.

Starting the game takes me to the title screen, and the game crashes when checking to see if I’ve unlocked New Game Plus.

What operating system are you playing the game on? Windows, Mac OS, Android, iOS, or Playstation?
If it’s Playstation, please also state your region (NA or EU). If it’s a mobile device, please state the device’s model/brand (such as Nexus 5 or Samsung Galaxy Tab 4).

PS4 NA

What game version are you playing? You can find the version number on the title screen in the lower left corner.

How many save files do you have? Did you do anything specific before this crash started to occur?

I have two files, my main (about 280 hours) and an alt I started to see what New Game Plus was like (19 hours). I haven’t touched the alt in weeks, though.

About three hours before this happened, the game crashed when I opened a chest, but I didn’t think to screenshot it. When I loaded up the game, everything seemed fine, so I didn’t think any more about it. Then(three hours later), I was about to quit for the night but I wanted to do a daily realm before bed, so I had to restart the game. When I did, I got the above error. I’m sorry, I don’t know any more specifics than that.

Unfortunately, I can’t tell from the crash log which of the two save files is causing the problem. Do you have access to any form of Playstation cloud storage for your save files so you could possibly upload them there and delete one or the other to see if that will help you load up the game?

Sorry about this! I know you must be frustrated. I’d be happy to give you a copy of the game on another platform of your choice if you’d like. If you’re interested, feel free to e-mail me at zack@thylacinestudios.com

I deleted the alt and the settings file to see if that helped, leaving just my main file. Got the same error. :frowning: It was a long shot, but worth a try.

I assume the answer is no, but I can’t stop myself from asking. If I send you a copy of my save file, is there a chance you could fix it?

I’m pretty sure I can, actually! Feel free to send it to zack@thylacinestudios.com and I’ll take a look.

Sorry for the slow response, I had a doctor appointment. I’ve sent an e-mail with my save file in it. I really appreciate you offering to look at it. Thank you so much. I was so close to completing the bestiary…